French section

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solaris

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Well on a recent trip out of town, to Edmonton I stoped in an A & B sound and found a few titles in a high rez section. I grabed Yes Magnification and a song lines Jerry granelli SACD. Then I went over to the french pop section and found two SACDs one Michel Sardou Du Plaisir has great production and mixxing but some might find the vocal style a little too french. The second was Le Scorpion by Les Percussions De Strasbourg which is six percusionist and piano playing a new soundtrack for a Luis Bunuel film by Martin Matalon.
This has the same pop hit potential as the Bass Comunications new disc which arrived while I was away. These disc are very similar, as Le Scorpion is very processed percusion.

A few french surround SACD's have been out, in the first days of SACD, probably to test the market, and most were by major french artists, like Michel Sardou.

Not many SACD's have come out from France in the last 2-3 years, but this Louis Chedid's album is a little gem: nice pop music, excellent production, with very nice acoustic moods and a lot of action going on in the surrounds...

I can only recommand this title to those who feel adventurous...

Which Bunuel film? Un Chien Andalou? I might be into hearing/watching that. I actually watch that film with a pixies soundtrack. I can never get into silent films unless I update the soundtrack.

this disc is for the film L'Age d'or but the same composer did do one for Un Chien Andalou.
My favorite french SACD is Home by BIOLAY, BENJAMIN / MASTROIANNI, CHIARA

Back