• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS/FT Various SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Hi all.

Moving in a few weeks (slightly west in TN of where I am now), so I have a few SACDs I'm willing to part with in order to slightly shrink my ever growing high-res surround collection.

Here's what I got:

The Who - "Tommy" 2xSACD
Pink Floyd - "Dark Side of the Moon" SACD
Eric Clapton - "461 Ocean Boulevard" SACD
Elton John - "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" 2xSACD
ELP - "Brain Salad Surgery" SACD & Bonus CD

All are in very good shape, but PM me if you require further details (and pricing) on any of these.

As far as trades go, I'm most interested in obtaining these discs:

Roxy Music - "Avalon" SACD
Bryan Ferry - "Boys & Girls" SACD
Bryan Ferry - "Frantic" SACD

So if any of this intrigues you, send me a PM. Thanks! :)

Hi all.

No one so far has enquired about these SACDs I'm willing to sell (or trade), and that makes sense as most of these are still readily available for a good price.

"Brain Salad Surgery", however, is definitely fetching for big bucks on many websites since it's been Out-of-Print for years.
I'm about to put it up for bidding on eBay, but before I do, I wanted to offer this SACD for sale or trade one last time to somebody on QQ.

Basically, I'm after "Avalon". If you want to trade it for "Brain Salad Surgery", that offer will be the winner!
Otherwise, I'm open to other trading or selling negotiations.
PM for further enquiry! :)

I'm definitely interested in owning BSS someday. I'm sure many collectors' budgets have more wiggle-room, but even collecting new releases around $20-25 has my better-half a little upset sometimes. Do you know how the SACD compares to the DVD-A? I believe I've seen that there are both floating around out there?

I'm definitely interested in owning BSS someday. I'm sure many collectors' budgets have more wiggle-room, but even collecting new releases around $20-25 has my better-half a little upset sometimes. Do you know how the SACD compares to the DVD-A? I believe I've seen that there are both floating around out there?

I'm not sure how the two compare, but after a year of collecting multichannel music, I've found I prefer DVD-A and BDA to SACD whenever possible for the simple fact I can rip the tracks to an external hard drive (which I have plugged in to my OPPO)... This allows me to leave off any tracks I don't like, as well as create multichannel playlists (I still have plenty of SACDs, though!) Currently I use DVDAudioExtractor and MakeMKV to do this.

Oh, that's pretty cool! I find audio software and hardware to be pretty vexing, so I try to keep it simple. If I throw a disc in the OPPO and the receiver says it's playing the best stream, I consider myself lucky!
I tend to have a mild preference for SACD because I don't have to turn on my projector just to look at an album cover or band stills for an hour. :D
Sometimes DVDs and BDs have interesting video content though.
I've just read that, for some titles, there can be different mastering between SACD and other formats. Honestly, I'm usually happy even with DD or DTS.
I love the BDs and DVDAs I have, but I can't swear they sound better.

Believe me, I'm no computer wiz... Just try downloading the free trials of DVDAE and AnyDVD (or MakeMKV) It's really easy! It also allowed me to rip multichannel music from Bluray movies I have... The end title music from the Star Wars films is killer in surround (especially Duel of the Fates from Episode One). Now I sit back with my remote and have access to any of my multichannel music (except the SACD tunes) without changing a disc (of course I keep all the discs in my archives for when I feel like watching bonus videos, etc.)

Back