• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Genesis live at Wembley 1975 Quadraphonic from BBC master reels

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmproductions

This inofficial release features the Quad version of the famous BBC radio show, and as it was extracted from SQ with kempfands AA-scripts, I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. The torrent tracker is continuously monitored and tolerated by the Genesis management and so all downloads from there are legal.

GENESIS
Recorded live at The Empire Pool, Wembley, London, 15th April 1975.

http://torrent.genesis-movement.org/torrents-details.php?id=3609

Adbanner_out.jpg

CD/DVD: THE COMPLETE BBC RADIO SHOW
Source: BBC master reels, except "The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging"
(Westwood One ''BBC Classic Tracks'', show #92-34) - provided by Alessandro Vasserot.
Restored (mainly phase correction and de-noising) with Cedar Cambridge.
Digital SQ-Quad decoding with Adobe Audition scripts developed by Andreas Kempf.
CD-Audio: specially remixed from the decoded Quadraphonic masters with reduced ambience (Stereo).
DVD audio tracks: original SQ-Mix (Advanced Resolution Stereo: Linear PCM 24 bit, Quadraphonic surround 4.0: dts 24 bit/1509 Kbps and Dolby Digital 448 Kbps)
DVD Video (stills): NTSC 720x480 16:9

1. WATCHER OF THE SKIES 7:45
2. CUCKOO COCOON 2:21
3. IN THE CAGE 6:49
4. THE GRAND PARADE OF LIFELESS PACKAGING 3:04
5. The Story of Rael (part 1) 1:30
6. BACK IN N.Y.C. 6:00
7. HAIRLESS HEART 2:35
8. COUNTING OUT TIME 3:54
9. THE CARPET CRAWLERS 5:43
10.LILYWHITE LILITH 2:36
11.THE WAITING ROOM 9:34
12.ANYWAY 3:35
13.SILENT SORROW IN EMPTY BOATS 1:13
14.THE COLONY OF SLIPPERMEN (part 1: ARRIVAL) 1:53
15.RAVINE 1:28
16.THE LIGHT DIES DOWN ON BROADWAY 3:32
17.RIDING THE SCREE 4:41

DVD-Extras:
THE AUDIENCE RECORDING (FULL SHOW)

Source: Compact Cassette master tapes - provided by Chris Davies.
Transferred in May 2007 with STUDER A721 professional tape deck (azimuth manually aligned).
Restored (de-noising) with Cedar Cambridge. Manual restoration of numerous dropouts, pops, bumps and other flaws with Adobe Audition 3.

THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY - FLY ON A WINDSHIELD - BROADWAY MELODY OF 1974 - CUCKOO COCOON - IN THE CAGE - THE GRAND PARADE OF LIFELESS PACKAGING - The Story of Rael (part 1) - BACK IN N.Y.C. - HAIRLESS HEART - COUNTING OUT TIME - THE CARPET CRAWLERS - THE CHAMBER OF 32 DOORS - The Story of Rael (part 2) - LILYWHITE LILITH - THE WAITING ROOM - ANYWAY - HERE COMES THE SUPERNATURAL ANAESTHETIST - THE LAMIA - SILENT SORROW IN EMPTY BOATS - THE COLONY OF SLIPPERMEN (ARRIVAL - A VISIT TO THE DOKTOR - RAVEN) - RAVINE - THE LIGHT DIES DOWN ON BROADWAY - RIDING THE SCREE - IN THE RAPIDS - IT - The Story of Henry and Cynthia - THE MUSICAL BOX - WATCHER OF THE SKIES (total time 130:45)

COMBINED PLAY (AUDIENCE REC.+ RADIO SHOW) following the original concert tracklist.

SELECTED RADIO SHOW INTRODUCTIONS 1975-2002 featuring the voices of Brian Matthew, Brian Sexton, Andy Peebles, Bill Minkin, Richard Skinner, Doug Podell, Jim Ellis, Nicky Horne, Cat McEwen and J.J.Jackson. Compiled and edited by tom 2009.
Sources: GRaSP (Genesis Radio Show Project) http://grasp.genesis-movement.org (total time 12:22).

BACK IN N.Y.C. - CENSORED VERSION (edit 0:29)
Source: Westwood One ''Superstar Concert Series'', show #98-18, courtesy of GRaSP.

Special thanks to Alessandro Vasserot and David Dunnington
for support and assistance to this long-term project.

GEN750415TM - First released March 2009 on http://torrent.genesis-movement.org

A TM PRODUCTION - FREE TRADE ONLY - NEVER BUY OR SELL!

Enjoy! ;)
tom

I downloaded this and from what I have had time to listen to it sounds awesome! (It downloaded at about 7.5 Mb/s):banana:

Did anyone else notice that in one of the BBC commercial spots the announcer clearly states that the broadcast is in "Quadrophonic"?

Is that a common British pronunciation?

I downloaded this and from what I have had time to listen to it sounds awesome! (It downloaded at about 7.5 Mb/s):banana:

Did anyone else notice that in one of the BBC commercial spots the announcer clearly states that the broadcast is in "Quadrophonic"?

Is that a common British pronunciation?

Yes, I noticed...
Figuring as such:

monOphonic
stereOphonic
quadrOphonic

not quadrAphonic!

I've heard it said as quadrIphonic as well.

Whatever you call it...
Call it cool!

The recording is awesome and a great collector's piece.
My wife is HEAVY into the Peter Gabriel stuff and she loved this one!

-Bob

Back