Has anyone compared Marantz SQ-2 series to "involve audio" sq unit?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubelicious

QQ Supporter
Hello all --

I'm a very green quad newbie trying to measure 12 times and cut once.

I'm acquiring a Marantz 4140 and was wondering about which SQ option to go with (I picked the Marantz over the SANSUI mainly because one fell into my circle sooner and it was much more affordable). I'm inclined towards the integrated Marantz SQ unit(s), but hear that is decoding is horrible compared to other units. My understanding is that the involve audio SQ decoding is second only to the Tate II but would love to hear what other people think.

I mostly have SQ records fwiw, but want to move towards listening to digital SS recordings eventually.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice. There's a wealth of info on this site!

It's not really close, the Involve unit is the one to get over the SQA-2 or SQA-2B.
As a big bonus, the Involve unit can be configured to do QS and SQ.

vinylguy4

It's not really close, the Involve unit is the one to get over the SQA-2 or SQA-2B.
As a big bonus, the Involve unit can be configured to do QS and SQ.

vinylguy4

Thanks for the prompt response vinyl guy! I didn't know about the QS capability but that's great (and I assume it's QS is better than the Marantz QS too?). It looks like I just need to grab a CD400 with the involve and I should have most of the bases covered!
Thanks!

You could no better than get Involve Surround master
Involve setting (QS) is as good as Sansui QSD1 and SQ Beta that is the setting for
Vinyl LPs is as good as any TATE units
I have tested it against TATE and the Sansui QSD1
And is it not 40 years old

Back