Has anyone seen this about the OPPOs??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand Netflix as part of the agreement makes the company keep their firmware from being downgraded. This is what is floating around the internet at any rate.
BTW who lets you return CDs and DVDs you've already opened that are hypercompressed?!?! Never heard of that...usually you're stuck with whatever you buy unless it's exchanged for the same item.

I'm never 100% sure of anything, but everything I've seen has been a warning against installing the beta update because you can't go back once you do.

OK I did some checking at AVSForum and it's true, you cannot downgrade the firmware on the -93.

BUT, as the unit will play .MKV, M2TS, etc. and stream some of these formats as well, I don't see it as a deal killer as far as firmware upgrades. A little more work, true, but IMO not the end of the world.

OK I did some checking at AVSForum and it's true, you cannot downgrade the firmware on the -93.

BUT, as the unit will play .MKV, M2TS, etc. and stream some of these formats as well, I don't see it as a deal killer as far as firmware upgrades. A little more work, true, but IMO not the end of the world.

I think we all agree it's a principle thing more than anything else.

Just speculating here but it might also be in defense of 3D movies. Folders are not so convenient for copying them since they occupy twice the space of an ISO.

Just speculating here but it might also be in defense of 3D movies. Folders are not so convenient for copying them since they occupy twice the space of an ISO.
I have nothing 3D so I can't confirm this, but why would this be? -not saying you're wrong, just wondering why. For the sake of some kind of comparison I looked at one of my (music) AVCHD folders and it was pretty much the same size as the ISO, but it only includes a little video. Also I confess to know nothing about 3D.

Back