HELLO !!!! Where is my RUSH ????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
Hey guys, has anyone seen anything lately about the Rush SACD releases? I haven't heard anything lately, which most certainly means that they are ancient history. I was SO looking forward to 2112 in surround sound. Please tell me some good news! Mike. :(

Quadzilla said:
Hey guys, has anyone seen anything lately about the Rush SACD releases? I haven't heard anything lately, which most certainly means that they are ancient history. I was SO looking forward to 2112 in surround sound. Please tell me some good news! Mike. :(

I dunno Mike, good question though ... I was wondering the same thing myself. Maybe one of the other guys knows what is going on. Cheers, Mike. :D

Quadzilla said:
I dunno Mike, good question though ... I was wondering the same thing myself. Maybe one of the other guys knows what is going on. Cheers, Mike. :D

There are rumors that the Rush SACDs may appear in 2004.

Guy Robinson said:
They better be more than a rumour or Mike will drive himself crazy talking to himself.

I'm afraid that's all there is at the moment on Rush.

My guess is that they'll be launched closer to the 30th anniversary tour. Makes much more sense.

FenderP said:
My guess is that they'll be launched closer to the 30th anniversary tour. Makes much more sense.

Could be. Right now all I've heard is the sometime in 2004 comment. No firm dates yet.

I think there was an article in the January Sound & Vision where they spoke to someone in Rush (I wish I still had it, sorry). Anyway, he said that while the DVD-V was fun to do in surround, he was not so sure about going back and remixing the old stuff again for surround. He said he would be too tempted to change the mixes, and that would not be good. Anyone still have this mag? Maybe I am wrong.....

JonUrban said:
I think there was an article in the January Sound & Vision where they spoke to someone in Rush (I wish I still had it, sorry). Anyway, he said that while the DVD-V was fun to do in surround, he was not so sure about going back and remixing the old stuff again for surround. He said he would be too tempted to change the mixes, and that would not be good. Anyone still have this mag? Maybe I am wrong.....

That was Alex Lifeson himself! Sounds like he's not a big surround fan. He said he finds it "distracting". He said he didn't like the idea of a guitar over your shoulder.

Hope he doesn't listen to John Hiatt's Bring The Family SACD! :D

Back