Help!!!! puhleeze...decoding and playing SQ CD ???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikpepe

Hello Pity me I will catch up to everyone here in a year...
I have interest in a SQ encoded "quadraphonic" CD.
What do I need to play this disc in so that I may hear it's discreetness.
Something special or my normal set-up (OPPO BDP-93 and Pioneer vsx- 914 ( a great receiver despite being rel. in 2003 )
-Rik

What do I need to play this disc in so that I may hear it's discreetness.
Something special or my normal set-up (OPPO BDP-93 and Pioneer vsx- 914 ( a great receiver despite being rel. in 2003 )
-Rik

SQ decoder, standalone or built-in receiver.
neither OPPO or Pioneer can't decode matrixed quad.
another way involve Adobe Audition and specialy writen script to decode
saved onto HDD stereo SQ or QS encoded tracks into 2 stereo pair (front and rear)
but after this those tracks must be authored into DVD-Audio (Video) or DTSCD

SQ decoder, standalone or built-in receiver.
neither OPPO or Pioneer can't decode matrixed quad.
another way involve Adobe Audition and specialy writen script to decode
saved onto HDD stereo SQ or QS encoded tracks into 2 stereo pair (front and rear)
but after this those tracks must be authored into DVD-Audio (Video) or DTSCD

Many Many Thanks!

What's the disc? It is very possible that someone has already decoded it and transferred it to DVD-A or DTSCD.

Yeah. If you have a CD player and play that CD and send the signals to an SQ decoder and then send those four signals to amplifiers or receiver, it's going to play SQ just like with an SQ LP or any other SQ source.

The format doesn't really matter.

Doug

What receivers can handle SQ CD, as a matter of interest?

sometime ago Mark Anderson have mentioned particular model of modern Denon which handle
well matrixed streams including SQ. i just don't remember all detail.

No "modern" gear of course, plenty of 1970's receivers/integrated amps with SQ decoders though...I have an old KLH unit with a non-descript SQ decoder built in. I think that is what Otto was referring to originally. John

t's hard to imagine any modern decoder decoding SQ properly

OD

could be so.
i don't remember details. this should be somewhere in forum. the model is from 90th line up
and was marked as four digit model number. i think there were remark that this particular DSP
feature was implemented only in this model and wasn't extended to other or something like this.

Back