I Wanna' get in on this Quadraphonic Stuff!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obbop

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Hi kids,

Maybe this graphic has already been displayed. If so, I didn't see it and it would take too long to seek out one pic out of the herd of pics here so I toss this out now.

Kinda' obvious that audio equipment is advertised so as to attract the male eye. I never did meet a female audiophile. I also noticed at a friend's used record/tape/CD/etc store that record collecting is mostly males and the gals arriving were looking for newer more recent music at lower cost than new. Guys collected and listened. Gals listened and interacted with music in a manner a bit different than many dudes did. Females bought used disco records. Guys ignored them, mostly. There are always exceptions and variability. I usually deal with generalities in my writings.

Without further delay . . .

Attachments

• Quad beauties.jpg
    Quad beauties.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi kids,

Maybe this graphic has already been displayed. If so, I didn't see it and it would take too long to seek out one pic out of the herd of pics here so I toss this out now.

Kinda' obvious that audio equipment is advertised so as to attract the male eye. I never did meet a female audiophile. I also noticed at a friend's used record/tape/CD/etc store that record collecting is mostly males and the gals arriving were looking for newer more recent music at lower cost than new. Guys collected and listened. Gals listened and interacted with music in a manner a bit different than many dudes did. Females bought used disco records. Guys ignored them, mostly. There are always exceptions and variability. I usually deal with generalities in my writings.

Without further delay . . .

I still have that magazine.

If they had Atmos back then in 9.2.4 format, they would have had 15 women in the photo...Very expensive, just like Atmos! Nowadays they cannot do something like that because it is improper.
This reminds me the Cars Advertising for men. Performance, power, Girls around there...

Now I see more cars advertising on TV targeted for women. Easy driving (electric/hybrid automatic), beautiful interiors, etc. Of course, the driver in the commercial is a woman, looking as an empowered woman, and there is NO beatiful men standing around the car. Sometimes, if men appear, they shyly nod what the woman says.

Advertising design with target consumer in mind, and the politically correct for the time.

This reminds me the Cars Advertising for men. Performance, power, Girls around there...

Now I see more cars advertising on TV targeted for women. Easy driving (electric/hybrid automatic), beautiful interiors, etc. Of course, the driver in the commercial is a woman, looking as an empowered woman, and there is NO beatiful men standing around the car. Sometimes, if men appear, they shyly nod what the woman says.

Advertising design with target consumer in mind, and the politically correct for the time.
Cute dogs always seem to go over well. Look how many of the pharmaceutical commercials have a cute dog somewhere in them...or a flying pig...

pig1.pngpig2.jpg

You mean, like this?
FB_IMG_1667480724204.jpg

Back