information needed on SH-3433 & SQD-2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmother

this is a 2 part question,first i have a technics sh3433 4 channel audioscope and need to know how to hook it up 4 hi level input?second i have a sony sq decoder sqd20-20 and the meters move even when no signal is present,is this a common thing with this unit?u can contact me directly at [email protected] thanks

I have an SH-3433 and an SQD-2020, stacked on top of each other. SQD-2020's meters may move when you switch inputs, or when you power it up or down. Beyond that, they should only move with an audio signal. The high level inputs on SH-3433 are terminals for bare wires. The only instance where these should be used is for a "compact system" which has no line outputs. In other words, they are for speaker lines, not line or tape outputs (low level.) I've never used those connections on mine in the 40 years I've owned it. I believe that one or more (-) speaker connections would need to be attached to the ground terminal, in this case. As I recall from your other posts, you have Technics integrated amps. You can connect to the low level inputs from either the tape outputs or line outputs of your amp. You may need to use "t" or "y" splitters to connect where you already have other devices hooked up to the amp.

this is a 2 part question,first i have a technics sh3433 4 channel audioscope and need to know how to hook it up 4 hi level input?second i have a sony sq decoder sqd20-20 and the meters move even when no signal is present,is this a common thing with this unit?...thanks

I have the same scope I will post if I find my manual I would have to scan it to post.

CC

Back