Jerry Lee Lewis passed away

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growing up in the mid '60s, I never gave much creedence to most of the '50s and early '60s artist. I did love Chuck Berry, but Elvis, JLL, all the surfing stuff, it never did it for me. My world opened up when the Beatles arrived.

Anyway, many years ago I got the LaserDisc (!!) of 'Great Balls of Fire', with Dennis Quaid playing JLL. I thought it was great. The music was great, and the first half of the movie is classic. It kinda got weird when he went to Europe, but after seeing that movie I had a much deeper appreciation of him and his catalog.

I also was kinda partial to his version of Pink Cadillac that he did with it's writer Bruce Springsteen when he released the album "Last Man Standing.

RIP to a great piano player, artist, and one heck of a wild man!

How could one NOT notice JLL when he hit the music scene in the mid 50's and early 60's. His music was infectious, his piano playing raucous and his performances electric! He wasn't called "The Killer' for nothing!

He truly was a GREAT BALL OF 🔥

R.I.P. JERRY LEE....The original PIANO MAN!

See the source image

Last edited:
How totally sad, there will never be another with the stage energy and excitement of Jerry Lee Lewis. Back around 1992 I was in Nashville and lucky enough to get back stage passes to the "Nashville Now" TV show. That night Marty Stewart was stand-in guest host for Ralph Emery and Jerry Lee was the main guest performer. So after the show was finished, me and my sweety Kelli were able to go backstage and hang out with Marty, Jerry, and the rest of the shows people for about an hour. Jerry was one of my biggest R&R hero's from back in the day and I was near speechless for the rest of the evening.
RIP Killer, you'll always be THE KING OF ROCK & ROLL to me.
Sal

Back