Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell Warner all your Tull requests right here, watching all. :cool:
Having a version of the Château D'Herouville tapes with the added flute melodies (as on Nightcap) but also with the proper order (as on the A Passion Play set) and perhaps "The Story of the Hare..." reinstated in its original spot would be something interesting.

Maybe it could be released as part of a revamped and expanded Living In The Past set 🤔 The quad version of "Aqualung" (with the alternate acoustic part) could also be included on that.

Please post what you expect from a Bursting Out book-set as announced by Ian Anderson.
A remaster of the Live From Madison Square Garden 1978 video, with a new surround mix by Steven Wilson, would be nice, for starters. Lossless on Blu-ray would be ideal, but that seems unlikely given the history of the series.

Beyond that, any live audio or video that's decent quality from that era would make sense to include, even if only in stereo when there are no multitracks to be had.

Please post what you expect from a Bursting Out book-set as announced by Ian Anderson.
Outtakes from the sweetening sessions (eg. instrumental 4WD, unfinished studio Sweet Dream remake), a good remix of the album and the MSG show, rehearsals, soundchecks...

... and the correct special thanks credits as reported on the Heavy Horses boxset (Aldo & Jacopo) if they end up using the Berne ticket scan again :)

Outtakes from the sweetening sessions (eg. instrumental 4WD, unfinished studio Sweet Dream remake), a good remix of the album and the MSG show, rehearsals, soundchecks...

... and the correct special thanks credits as reported on the Heavy Horses boxset (Aldo & Jacopo) if they end up using the Berne ticket scan again :)
Such a good Tull fan. Good to read. I can't comment. :censored:

I've got a question that I haven't found the answer to yet,
In short, were the original 1982 masters recorded to analog or digital files?
I found the inner detail captured and then transferred to the new multich masters
to hint at being from an digital source but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. LOL

I've got a question that I haven't found the answer to yet,
In short, were the original 1982 masters recorded to analog or digital files?
I found the inner detail captured and then transferred to the new multich masters
to hint at being from an digital source but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. LOL
Ian Anderson says his first use of digital is Crest Of A Knave 1987. ??

Listening to DVD 2 now. My disk is glitching something awful. Hopefully it's the disc, otherwise my player is screwed. Anyone else have trouble?

Edit - was playing in my BDP-95 with trouble, switched to the BDP-103 and it seems to play fine. Good thing I have a backup!

Last edited:
Listening to DVD 2 now. My disk is glitching something awful. Hopefully it's the disc, otherwise my player is screwed. Anyone else have trouble?

Edit - was playing in my BDP-95 with trouble, switched to the BDP-103 and it seems to play fine. Good thing I have a backup!
I got glitching on disc 2 on my 95 as well...then my 95 died a week later.
Thank god I had a Denon 3910 in the spares room ( but wish it was a 105 !)

Latest posts

Back