Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I’m halfway through “Voodoo Chile”. This sounds great so far! I can’t crank it loud enough.

I can’t believe I just spend the last 90 minutes listening to a 5.1 of the White Album and now I’m spending the next hour or so listening to this!!

you know? I wish we had a direct line to the ones that are notere anymore so that we could tell them all of this... but then .. they are probably hanging around and enjoying it!

let me say it again so it can sink in our community..
WE
ARE
SO
LUCKY!!!

Wow just outstanding so clear such a great job. Who would have thought I could spend an evening listening to 1968 music in surround? I just enjoyed what Kramer did with this he did not let us down. Im feeling sad about the fires here some friends of mine just moved out of their family home in Newberry Park maybe two weeks ago and it burned down to the ground last night.....I was just there a month ago. Still they are ok and got all their stuff out......now where is that bong and back to Jimi....
We are lucky and not just with music tonight.

So ship it back. Mine arrived from AmazonUS today in one of those thin, ever so slightly padded envelopes but arrived intact ...... in the pouring rain. Enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody. Supposedly, Rami Malek did an incredible job. Should be awesome in Dolby Atmos.

I think you'll be happy with the 5.1 remix of Electric Ladyland. Am about to 'treat' it and slip it into one of my Japanese poly sleeves for further protection against scratches [then demagnetize it and damper it]. I'm a FULL SERVICE audiophile, Markie! It's in my DNA!

OK, OK, I am sending back, this was hard because I wanted to listen, but also this was not cheap.

KUDOS to Eddie Kramer for doing justice to the excellent 5.1 Remix of Jimi Hendrix's masterpiece Electric Ladyland. As Far as I'm concerned, a definitive tribute from the original multitracks.

1970s-Eddie-Jimi-blog.jpg

I gave the 5.1 mix a serious listen last night. For starters, the album (Jimi's best in my mind) is a hard rock, funk, R&B, psychedelic masterpiece and the surround mix brings it over the top. Lot's of never done before experimentation going on here. So diverse in styles yet still cohesive. The use of flange, analog delay, reverse multi-tracking on the guitar parts and other instruments is way ahead of its time. Now remixed to surround format...wow....it doesn't get any better. It's as if Jimi knew his music was destined for the format that we all love. I'm giving this a 10.

Back