Joe Bonamassa - An Acoustic Evening at The Vienna Opera House (Blu Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Bonamassa fans... and fans of acoustic music. You need this disc!!!

First - I'm a big JB fan! Second- I love acoustic music. This is such a beautifully shot and mixed disc. The sonics are crystal clear and not marred by the reverb that was present on the previous two live disc. Five guys on stage playing acoustically in a beautiful hall with a mix that captures a beautiful hall sound but also mixes a nice wrap around of the instruments and vocal to the rear. Awesome performances by all with excellent vocals by JB. I can't recommend this disc enough. I am really enjoying the hell out of this one! Special treat - a really nice version of Bad Company's "Seagull" to end the show.

If I have one gripe it would be that a few times during the performance the players' comments are cut into the applause portions of the show. They don't interfere but it's not one of my favorite things on any live show.

It is 1080p with DTS HDMA 5.1

Highly recommended. Bonamassa has gradually become one of my favorite artists right now. Saw him live over here too, great showman and stunning guitarslapper.

I may as well brag here. Joe is from my little village. I met his dad a couple times and he bought my friends old marshall amps. He graduated from my HS, and his parents are in waliking distance from me. He built a beultiful house for his parents, really nice kid! I have not met him-yet. It's just a matter of time. The place is so small, everyone knows everyone else.
ONe thing, his dad refuses to let him perform local. He never did.

Back