John Hiatt's Master of Disaster SACD: At Best Buy for $13.99

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
John Hiatt's long-awaited Master of Disaster Surround Sound SACD is out today. It's available at music stores (like Best Buy) and a variety of web sites.

I picked up my copy at the Best Buy in San Carlos. Interestingly, they had a stack of copies of the Hiatt SACD on the new release table near the PlayStation games vs. in the CD section. The price is $13.99 - not a bad deal at all for a new, direct to Sonoma 24 Track DSD Surround Sound SACD!

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=16240030 for more details.

I got mine at Best Buy, {thanks bmora for letting us know it was available at Best Buy}, because i surley would not have looked for it there. And the price was great. But at my Best Buy they had it in with the regular CDs, and when i told the help i was looking for the SACD version, i got a blank stare. Anyway i looked on the back and in very small print it said SACD, but nowhere does it say there is a multichannel or surround mix. I was sure it was in surround, so i bought it and took it home and played it and sure enough it is in surround. VERY POOR CD LABELING !!!!
Anyway, happy to have a copy. :)

MIDIQ said:
I got mine at Best Buy, {thanks bmora for letting us know it was available at Best Buy}, because i surley would not have looked for it there. And the price was great. But at my Best Buy they had it in with the regular CDs, and when i told the help i was looking for the SACD version, i got a blank stare. Anyway i looked on the back and in very small print it said SACD, but nowhere does it say there is a multichannel or surround mix. I was sure it was in surround, so i bought it and took it home and played it and sure enough it is in surround. VERY POOR CD LABELING !!!!
Anyway, happy to have a copy. :)

Well, we're seeing more and more of this - Hybrid SACDs mixed in with the CDs. But if they are this good, I'll put up with it !

bmoura said:
Well, we're seeing more and more of this - Hybrid SACDs mixed in with the CDs. But if they are this good, I'll put up with it !

I agree, as long as there is a {good} surround mix, thats fine with me. Especially if the local Best Buy's are going to carry them.
But you sure have to know what you are looking for ahead of time, and thats where this forum comes in soooo great. :banana:

bmoura said:
I picked up my copy at the Best Buy in San Carlos. Interestingly, they had a stack of copies of the Hiatt SACD on the new release table near the PlayStation games vs. in the CD section. The price is $13.99 - not a bad deal at all for a new, direct to Sonoma 24 Track DSD Surround Sound SACD! QUOTE]

I got a copy yesterday at a Best Buy in Toronto. It was on sale for CDN$15.99, so less than 20 loonies with tax. Nice deal. I have only been able to play it in my car, since I only work in TO and my SACD stuff is at home, but the sound quality is amazing. You just want to give him a cough candy or something though ... that voice of his takes some getting used to. Mike.

Back