SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you receive this notice? I have received nothing.
If you look up the DHL tracking number and click on "More Shipment Details" there is a Local Tracking number starting with LV. Look this up under Canada Post Tracking. This is where it shows the custom fees due. Hope you have better luck than me.

If you look up the DHL tracking number and click on "More Shipment Details" there is a Local Tracking number starting with LV. Look this up under Canada Post Tracking. This is where it shows the custom fees due. Hope you have better luck than me.
Thanks. I was looking it up under USPS. Mine's in BC for some reason. No customs on there as yet.

Last edited:
May I ask how you are ripping these? I've ripped using MakeMKV, but DVDAE won't extract because of BD+ (I did check the box). Looking to make Multichannel FLACS for roon
Create an ISO or video folder from another program like DVDFab or MakeMKV on your hard drive, then open that folder in DVDAE and it will rip your choice of 5.1 or 4.0 FLACs.

Not so lucky in Canada. Despite being charged upfront for Canadian taxes by Rhino, I'm notified that upon delivery tomorrow, I will need to pay again ($24.18). This also happened with Quadio bundle 2 and I had thrown away the customs invoice before I found out Rhino would refund if you send proof. What a nuisance
Same here. What a pain. I have to send in for a refund again, like I had to for the Deep Purple box. I’m going to contact Rhino and see if they can start identifying on the outside of the package or shipping notice that GST/PST has already been collected. Maybe that would help.

Same here. What a pain. I have to send in for a refund again, like I had to for the Deep Purple box. I’m going to contact Rhino and see if they can start identifying on the outside of the package or shipping notice that GST/PST has already been collected. Maybe that would help.
I just had to pay as well. First time in years. How do you get the money back? It's only a partial amount of the $24 anyway. Maybe not worth the hastle.

I just had to pay as well. First time in years. How do you get the money back? It's only a partial amount of the $24 anyway. Maybe not worth the hastle.
It’s $12 or $13. To me, it’s the principle of the thing. Bad enough we get taxed once! When you turn the top Customs form over, there are instructions for getting a refund. Not a big hassle. Costs a dollar for a stamp, we’ll see how it goes, how long it takes etc.

Well my Joni Mitchell arrived today....er' umm , actually yesterday but I had to pay customs on it as it was held and picked up today.
Weird that I had to pay GST and PST twice, once at purchase and now via customs ..plus 11 bucks handling fee. Appeal?..well no , too much hassle to recover my tax...so an extra 23 beanz, ain't that bad.

I have it now...and I'm considering buying a backup.

Anyway.everyone, Joni is in my 'ouse and will get lots of play..believe you me.

..HAPPY MAY DAY !!

It’s $12 or $13. To me, it’s the principle of the thing. Bad enough we get taxed once! When you turn the top Customs form over, there are instructions for getting a refund. Not a big hassle. Costs a dollar for a stamp, we’ll see how it goes, how long it takes etc.
Snail mail? Isn't there an online option? That's pretty archaic.

Got my PSB ATMOS Blu ray, was looking in the booklet who did the surround mix last pages all I found produced by James Ford additional mixing by a guy's name I haven't heard before in surround mixing circles, anybody got info on him.

Appeal?..well no , too much hassle to recover my tax...so an extra 23 beanz, ain't that bad.
Do it out of principle. The government loses, they have to refund the tax and the collection fee! Not really any hassle either, just send a copy of your invoice showing the paid tax.

My order was split into two shipments. I'm picking up the first shipment tomorrow (amount due $24.18) it's Joni. The second package is Machine Head and Alanis. Checking the tracking the second shipment looks to be a couple of days behind. I'll mail my refund request (demand) when I get the second package (I'm assuming that it will also be falsely charged the taxes)!

Back