King Biscuit Flower Hour - Wolfgang's Vault - Free Shows

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Quad Guy

Quadraphonic Preservation
Staff member
Found this site from latest Rolling Stone Magazine. Here's free streams of all these old concerts Winterland, Fillmore West/East from the sound board - legally licensed. I was lucky enough to see some of them. They clam they're going to add shows from the King Biscuit Flower Hour. I was wondering if anyone knows which KBFH we're broadcast in Quad?

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/Static.aspx?Type=About/aboutCV.htm

"Quote From Website":

There's only one place you can hear Bill Graham introduce the Allman Brothers at the Fillmore East, Steve Miller ask for more PA volume at Winterland, or Robert Plant kill time with the Fillmore audience while Jimmy Page re-tunes in the background. It's the same place you can listen to the greatest live music of all time in full, uncut concert format.

It's not Heaven, though it may feel like Heaven to rock music purists. It's the Concert Vault, the world's greatest collection of vintage concert recordings.

Where does it come from? In 2003, Wolfgang's Vault acquired master recordings from the archives of Bill Graham Presents. These live concerts were recorded at legendary venues like the Fillmore East and Winterland between 1965 and the late 1980s.

In early 2006, we augmented the Graham archives by acquiring the archives of the King Biscuit Flower Hour, the nationally famous syndicated rock radio broadcasts of live concerts from the 1970s and '80s.

There are some threads here about the KBFH. I bought one of the radio station reels of a James Taylor concert off eBay, and decoded it through my Tate. It was no surround spectacular, but it was a decent concert.

Love the Pioneer and Scotch Audio Tape ads!

That looks like a great link, tanks OQG. (y)

I'll have to listen a little when I get home tonight, but if it is what it appears to be, it will be a wonderfull thing.

1st up

Steppenwolf - Fillmore West 08/27/1968 :banana:

If you have a high speed connection the quality is suprisingly good. I have listened to a sampling of many of the shows and they are really great for the most part. I just wonder how long it will be free.... or even exist.

Found this site from latest Rolling Stone Magazine. Here's free streams of all these old concerts Winterland, Fillmore West/East from the sound board - legally licensed.

One quibble: They've played songs from Pink Floyd's May 9, 1977 show at the Oakland Coliseum Arena that are actually from an audience tape. It's a good audience tape, though.

They must have just added that show! I was at that one and it had the whole Animals record - all in Quad as well as the complete Wish You We're Here. The other Pink Floyd show is Fillmore West 1970 which is a great show IMHO. Looking at all the shows listed and living in the San Francisco Bay Area here, I sort of wished that I went to more concerts when I had the chance. Ticket prices we're around $7.50 then, now it's more like $75.00 to see some of the old acts.

I don't see the Pink Floyd May 9, 1977 show, only the Fillmore west 1970 show. Do you have the link? Thanks.

They must have just added that show!

It was actually there not long after the site started up. If it's no longer showing, it must have been rotated out.

I was at that one and it had the whole Animals record - all in Quad as well as the complete Wish You We're Here.

I was there, too! It was my first concert and the last time they ever played "Careful with that Axe, Eugene".

The other Pink Floyd show is Fillmore West 1970 which is a great show IMHO.

Yep. That one's a soundboard, too.

The vault also has many videos of these concerts. I saw a story on CBS This Morning with Charles Osgood about 6 months ago, and they showed some clips of the thousands of concerts Bill Graham filmed. I hope they will turn these things into DVDs.

This is great news!

Was just struggling with a KBFH Supertramp reel from a radio station. Careful rewinding one of those, as the glue from the splices has all gone south and I have to stop and piece it back together.

Will look to see what's offered before I diddle with it further.

There are some threads here about the KBFH. I bought one of the radio station reels of a James Taylor concert off eBay, and decoded it through my Tate. It was no surround spectacular, but it was a decent concert.

Love the Pioneer and Scotch Audio Tape ads!

Hey JonUrban...
Is that the show from the Dad Loves His Work tour (80 or 81 maybe)? If so, have you seen that show available elsewhere...or is it available ;) ? I recorded that show and lent it to a friend shortly thereafter... never to see or hear the tape again !:mad:
Verno

Hey JonUrban...
Is that the show from the Dad Loves His Work tour (80 or 81 maybe)? If so, have you seen that show available elsewhere...or is it available ;) ? I recorded that show and lent it to a friend shortly thereafter... never to see or hear the tape again !:mad:
Verno

No, what you're thinking of is an Atlanta concert from 80/81 that was broadcast on FM radio around the world. This KBFH concert was from Pittsburgh, and was a tour during the promotion of the "Walking Man" album. I have a DTS CD I made from it. If you want one, shoot me a PM.

So, can anyone recommend a streaming audio capture program to grab a few of these gems, before it's gone? :rolleyes:

Back