KIng Crimson SACD Cover sighted !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Shafer

Just bought the Rolling Stone issue with the SACD inside. I was looking at the inside ads and noticed that King Crimson's Court of the Crimson King was pictured. Any new information? The ad says that it is available. Please help if you have any information.
Bob

Bob Shafer said:
Just bought the Rolling Stone issue with the SACD inside. I was looking at the inside ads and noticed that King Crimson's Court of the Crimson King was pictured. Any new information? The ad says that it is available. Please help if you have any information.
Bob

I am meeting Simon Heyworth (who did the HDCD remasters) on Thursday, and he has told me he will reveal what is going on with KC SACD then...

Patrick Cleasby said:
I am meeting Simon Heyworth (who did the HDCD remasters) on Thursday, and he has told me he will reveal what is going on with KC SACD then...

What did you find out? Is there a real chance for King Criimson to be in surround? On SACD? Hope to hear the good news soon.

Bob

Bob Shafer said:
What did you find out? Is there a real chance for King Crimson to be in surround? On SACD? Hope to hear the good news soon.

Bob

Bob

I am awaiting a clearance to speak on this subject, so stay tuned, but I heard something which will make every hair on your body stand on end!

What I did glean which can't be that sensitive is that the current CD version of Power to Believe was mastered in the DSD domain!

Patrick

As a long time Crimhead since 1974, I can appreciate what you're saying. The news should be worth the wait. Power To Believe has stoked the 'play it again' impulse long thought dormant. Yeah, I'd buy the entire catalog in SACD MC if that's in the cards...

timbre4 said:
As a long time Crimhead since 1974, I can appreciate what you're saying. The news should be worth the wait. Power To Believe has stoked the 'play it again' impulse long thought dormant. Yeah, I'd buy the entire catalog in SACD MC if that's in the cards...

It's too early to say that that could happen, and frustratingly I don't have the authority to dish the dirt, as Robert probably wants to do it himself.

The most I can say is don't hold your breath for product but I think the wait is definitely going to be worth it and the news shouldn't take too long coming....

What I am NOT saying is that there is definitely going to be an MC ITCOTCK - that decision has not been made yet and there are many difficulties inherent in attempting it....

If surround early Crimson is what you want why not seek out the Japanese 21st Century Schizoid Band DVD-Video - surround mixed in the studio where I work fact fans!

Patrick Cleasby said:
It's too early to say that that could happen, and frustratingly I don't have the authority to dish the dirt, as Robert probably wants to do it himself.

The most I can say is don't hold your breath for product but I think the wait is definitely going to be worth it and the news shouldn't take too long coming....

What I am NOT saying is that there is definitely going to be an MC ITCOTCK - that decision has not been made yet and there are many difficulties inherent in attempting it....

A MC 'In the Court' would require that the original multitracks be located...whihc itself would be good news.

Latest on this is that it seems likely to be towards the end of the year.

Anyone mystified as to why Music for Airports was listed in the same catalogue may be interested to know that is nearing completion. Anyone know what is going on with the Oasis titles listed?

Rights to the classic King Crimson catalog have reverted back to Robert Fripp. If this ever comes out, don't expect it on Virgin/EMI.

Hello!

I recall reading in the Frame by Frame boxed set booklet that the original master had been damaged and that one channel was louder than the other and had to be heavily equalized and processed for the boxed set. I always wondered if there was a multichannel tape of this recording but aparently not... so I guess it will be a Stereo version... and that's a pity!

Cheers!

The F2F comment was correct at the time.The stereo masters have now been found. I have seen the tapes and their boxes and heard a transfer of them and it is out of this world. It still seems likely that there will be no MC due to the nature of the recording, but the stereo will blow any previous version out of the water.

As stated, look for a DGM SACD, and also look for a remastered version of Frame by Frame, later this year...

jblock said:
Rights to the classic King Crimson catalog have reverted back to Robert Fripp. If this ever comes out, don't expect it on Virgin/EMI.

Actually, DGM licenses the KC stuff to Virgin, so I would expect it to come out on that label.

Patrick Cleasby said:
But I think as of now the link to Virgin/EMI is over...

You're quite right, my mistake. I didn't buy their last CD and DVD and was going by the information on 'ConstruKtion ofLight'

I think the score is Universal in Japan, and Sanctuary elsewhere, but I could be wrong about the US....

I haven't watched the DVD yet - I have a promo somewhere....

Another "Blast from the Past" thread. What happened to Patrick????

So, I find it interesting that this thread dates from 2003 and still no high rez King Crimson recordings. With any luck a 24/96 recording or two from the current tour will surface. Going to see them at the Keswick shortly and can't wait.

I guess you missed the news. Steve Wilson from Porcupine Tree is doing 5.1 KC. He's already done Discipline.

I did miss the news. I was hoping to find it in this thread. Can you give me a link please?

:)

Back