LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiberglass. The only surface that has cladding on both sides of the suppoer structure (stids, joists, etc.) is the floor, which is the garage ceiling drywall. The rest is crawlspaces, except for those pesky slanty parts where the roof causes the walls and ceiling to come together at an approximately 45 degree angle (see pics in build thread).

So injected foam is probably not an option.

They can inject the foam into insulated or hollow spaces. Inside or outside walls. And, in your case, hollow garage ceilings. I would have an insulation pro take a look at your situation before dismissing the process. It worked very well for me.

I bought more and more cheap 2nd hand CD's lately but running out of storage space (need it for all the multichannel stuff!) :)

So I bought this baby to help me out:

Bluesound Vault 2i Streamer and CD-Ripper with 2 TB HDD

IMG_20230816_162033573.jpg
IMG_20230816_162038857.jpg

And, although it doesn’t have 12 inputs, it has 8 for 7.1 MCH, very very good piece of gear…
yeah, the personal interaction is something you don’t get from the big companies and it’s a lifesaver…
Yes, the fact that AFAIK Summit HiFi is the only US retailer/source for Tonewinner, you have them solely to depend on for any service issues, its good to know they are there for you.

Thanks to a QQ member who posted a FB member selling her deceased husband´s BDP-103D, I scored it for $250 (+$90 S&H) and it's a built like a tank!
It was sold without remote but, hey, the remote for my "ancient" Oppo 980H works perfectly!
Congratulations kap'n! That's is like almost free.

I just replaced my l&r mains in my 5.1 setup with new (to me) pair of Monitor Audio Silver 100 6g.
They're 4 years young. They both look and perform as new. I couldn't be happier with them. They're a great match for my rears which are Monitor Audio Radius 90s.
I always like pictures to accompany such posts :)

Thanks to a QQ member who posted a FB member selling her deceased husband´s BDP-103D, I scored it for $250 (+$90 S&H) and it's a built like a tank!
It was sold without remote but, hey, the remote for my "ancient" Oppo 980H works perfectly!
Amazing deal! I’m in envy.

Well not exactly audio gear, but I've built a cabinet (basically a box with no front or back) to hold/support my two AVR's.
It's 3/4" smooth finish plywood.
The top and bottom pieces are screwed to the sides using my little Jeg's device, and of course glued. I added some full round 3/4" trim on the front.
Since space is an issue, I have to stack one AVR on top the other. So the box will contain one AVR, and the other will rest on top.
I will be painting it black, hopefully I can start on that today after flushing all the dust out of my shop with my leaf blower. lol. ...or maybe just the shop vac. We'll see.
No pics yet as it's unfinished, and in reality it IS just a box, but sturdy enough I think to hold my +30 Lb AVR on top.
I will also be adding some round furniture feet, already purchased with attaching screw brackets. 2.5-in (Diameter) x 1.5-in (Height) Bun-ft Maple Sofa Table Leg is how it's listed at Lowe's.
Paint will be flat black acrylic latex.

Well not exactly audio gear, but I've built a cabinet (basically a box with no front or back) to hold/support my two AVR's.
It's 3/4" smooth finish plywood.
The top and bottom pieces are screwed to the sides using my little Jeg's device, and of course glued. I added some full round 3/4" trim on the front.
Since space is an issue, I have to stack one AVR on top the other. So the box will contain one AVR, and the other will rest on top.
I will be painting it black, hopefully I can start on that today after flushing all the dust out of my shop with my leaf blower. lol. ...or maybe just the shop vac. We'll see.
No pics yet as it's unfinished, and in reality it IS just a box, but sturdy enough I think to hold my +30 Lb AVR on top.
I will also be adding some round furniture feet, already purchased with attaching screw brackets. 2.5-in (Diameter) x 1.5-in (Height) Bun-ft Maple Sofa Table Leg is how it's listed at Lowe's.
Paint will be flat black acrylic latex.

Sounds like a very gratifying project & I bet it will look good.
The only I might suggest is getting rolling casters to mount it on instead of regular furniture feet. It's so much easier to swivel away from a wall to mess with wires.

Latest posts

Back