Led Zeppelin DVD-A How The West Was Won - Oct 13

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
The mighty Led Zeppelin's recent 3 CD live set from legendary 1972 shows in California are now confirmed for DVD-Audio release on Oct 13th. (industry releases on Tuesdays so the 14th is most likely)

Read the Sept 12th AudioRevolution story here:

Live Led Zeppelin set for DVD-A release

To those who will comment that the studio albums should be released, we all realize that by now. Also, to those who poo-poo all live recordings at every opportunity, we've heard that quite enough. Just remember that studio recordings are the illusion; live concerts are the real thing.

It should be noted that the quality of these live recordings either vindicate or expand the legend, depending on how you feel about the band.

Having said that, let's hear what you think about THIS Led Zeppelin recording. It was well recorded, making for a worthy document of the band's powers back in the day.

Last edited:
Reasons why I probably will not be purchasing the dvd-a of "How the West Was Won":

1. Have the cd version which I thoroughly enjoy. I tend to listen to this disc while on the go either in the car or with a walkman. Can't do either with dvd-a.
2. If I'm going to listen to Led Zep in concert in my listening room then the new dvd fills that bill quite well plus you get visuals. I doubt that the fidelity of dvd-a will be that much better than the dvd and yes I do know that these are different performances. I will keep an open mind and if the reviews for the dvd-a are positive with a kick-ass surround mix then I will rush out and buy it. I am doubting that this will be the case but would like more than anything to be wrong.

timbre4 said:
Just remember that studio recordings are the illusion; live concerts are the real thing.
BRING ME MY 5.1 ILLUSIONS!!

The Zeppelin marketing machine will supply you with the 5.1 illusions in due time; my guess is in the next 18 months.

For now, you should budget for this DVD-A purchase because Jimmy Page has become quite the 5.1 fanatic and will approve a superb mix.

Back