Lee Ritenour "Overtime" Blu Ray DTS HD MA 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Originally released on DVD in 2004, this features Lee Ritenour and an extremely talented/notable cast of modern jazz stalwarts (incl. Dave Grusin, Ernie Watts, Ivan Lins, Anthony Jackson, Harvey Mason, Eric Marienthal, Chris Botti, Patrice Rushen, Alex Acuna, and Donny Hathway's beautiful daughter, Kenya providing vocals on a few tracks) playing live in a studio setting, running down over 20 tracks in a retrospective look at Lee's output over the years. The band is set-up in a circle with Lee in the center - the DTS HD MA 5.1 mix recreates that configuration perfectly (very similar to the AIX "stage" mixes). The playing is spectacular without question - and is currently available at Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Lee-Ritenour-Overtime-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d050%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-050-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B007XNAPJS&ASIN=B007XNAPJS&m=ATVPDKIKX0DERfor $11.04 making this a true no-brainer. There are a few "mini-commentaries" interspersed throughout the show but they are easily skipped and each song is presented in it's complete form. 4 bonus tracks are presented from a 2011 show in Montreux which of course were not included on the original DVD. Great players and great music supported by a truly immersive and dynamic mix make this a real treat for modern and smooth jazz fans.

Last edited:
Yes, when they're offering a Surround Sound Blu-Ray concert Disc for $6.99, good time to remember them! :)

When I first read your post, I was surprised it took me a second to register what Best Buy was. I was thinking age is really starting to take it's toll on my memory and then I realized it's been 6+ months since I've shopped there - online or brick & mortar. Still, could be the age, though. :mad:@:

With the increase in Blu-ray surround music titles, I really need to check Best Buy more often. Thanks for the tip!

Let's not forget that this would be a great addition to anyone's surround collection at ANY reasonable price for a typical new BD release. Great mix and great music - not just a bargain bin find!

I have a shipping notice from BestBuy.Com today. So it looks like they really are selling that Blu-Ray at $6.99. Amazing !

A great disc and a good buy. I was pleased to hear a modern interpretation of the Hungarian jazz guitarist, Gábor Szabó's great tune, Mizrab.

Back