Lionel Richie's New Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info...I've been waiting for this SACD and wondering how the surround mix was going to be.
Of course, I couldn't find it anywhere yesterday here in North New Jersey!

timw said:
Thanks for the info...I've been waiting for this SACD and wondering how the surround mix was going to be.
Of course, I couldn't find it anywhere yesterday here in North New Jersey!

I can't speak for New Jersey, but the Lionel Richie SACD is available at the Best Buy and Tower Records stores here in Silicon Valley.

bmoura said:
I picked up the new Lionel Richie Surround Sound SACD today and found it better than expected. Quite a lively Surround Mix by Al Schmitt. I'd recommend checking out the sound clips on line and giving it a spin.

See http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=10371324 for more details.
I am really enjoying "Just For You" by LR. Nice mix, nice mix of ballads and uptempo tracks and a guest appearance by Lenny Kravitz playing all the instruments, singing and producing on the track "Time Of Our Life". Maybe it's a good thing that releases are so slow (at least for Lionel) because I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this title as a redbook cd but because it has a surround mix I was all over it.

Bob Romano said:
I am really enjoying "Just For You" by LR. Nice mix, nice mix of ballads and uptempo tracks and a guest appearance by Lenny Kravitz playing all the instruments, singing and producing on the track "Time Of Our Life". Maybe it's a good thing that releases are so slow (at least for Lionel) because I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this title as a redbook cd but because it has a surround mix I was all over it.

Agreed on all counts. I noted on HFR (over at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=10371324) that the album has a variety of producers which probably acocunts for the different musical styles on the disc. But it is very enjoyable. Recommended.

I'd also mention that the Surround SACD of Diana Krall's Love Scenes released last week is interesting as well. Seems to be more low end bass and definition on this version of the album than the 5.1 DTS Music Disc edition that was released awhile back.

Back