Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeay! :wave

..and.. how do you rate it? :p

It sounds excellent, BUT my only problem is the content. I mentioned this before; the major frustration I have with hi rez discs is you have to make choices between an excellent sounding disc and a content rich disc most of the time. In the case of Bob Dylan I'm not a true fan; I really just like his HIT songs like Blowin' in the Wind, Rainy Day Women, Like A Rolling Stone, Mr.Tambourine Man, Just Like A Woman, The Times They Are A Changin', It Ain't Me Babe and several others. I tried getting those songs on a CD but the Sound Quality isn't good. Right now of the 3 Dylan SACD titles my favorite is The Freewheelin' disc because it has Blowin' In The Wind and Don't Think Twice. This is in sharp contrast to my usual preference for anything that is multi channel over stereo offerings.

Your recommendation was solid as far as sonics go(y) it's just my quest for both sound quality and content is a journey that seldom is realized. I will listen to this disc, along with the other discs, and I probably will grab Blonde on Blonde because it has Rainy Day Women and Just Like A Woman. Maybe one of these days in the future I will get someone to make me a hi rez disc with my favorite songs from my Dylan discs. I can have my own compilation disc! One nice thing about these Dylan purchases is that the prices are cheap right now. I don't have buyers remorse from any of these Dylan purchases.

Keep those recommendations coming Adam!

Sometimes we just have to take what we can get.. it could and should've been better but I don't think it deserves its terrible reputation.. I've heard much worse in surround!

Well.. some of that stuff on Eat A Peach does go on for about 3 weeks so I guess you'll be a while:p

LoL...i LOVE that...much more my preference than the typical 3 minute made for radio stuff :zzzzz

Listening to RS 500 SACD SAMPLER but anxiously awaiting my first viewing and music of THE BIG CHILL tonight(blu ray arrived today). I've waited for years for it to come to blu ray:spot Now if they would just release the The Wall and The Dance on Blu Ray I'd be content.

Eric Clapton-There's one in every crowd I'm trying to acquire a taste for the content; it's a work in progress so far.

it's certainly one you could nod off and snooze through if you were a bit sleepy when you put it on! it's pretty laid back..

..for me it's the superb Quad mix and lovely fidelity of this DTS CD that really do it.. so leaving the mix aside, is it clear and dynamic? ;)

With the exception of Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion this RS500 is an excellent disc. It's kind of amazing that "blue in green" by Miles Davis sounds that good considering it was released in 1959! This sampler disc and the Acura disc are the way compilation discs are supposed to sound.

With the exception of Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion this RS500 is an excellent disc. It's kind of amazing that "blue in green" by Miles Davis sounds that good considering it was released in 1959! This sampler disc and the Acura disc are the way compilation discs are supposed to sound.

ummm...tell me more! what is this RS500?....

Naomi Sagara - Green Green Grass of Home, Victor CD4B-5010. This is the first of 10 I received from Germany that were still sealed. She has a very husky English sounding voice for a Japanese woman. Very well recorded for a tribute style album. If anyone is interested in acquiring brand new JVC CD4 vinyl at a very reasonable price, including shipping, write Heiko at this link. http://www.quadrophonie.de/englisch/h_gases_new_cd-4.html I can't recommend him highly enough. He is very accommodating and helpful.

Air dusted the computer, wiped down the speakers and AVR while listening to Bob Marley Legends, fixing to vacuum after this tune.
Great music to tidy up by in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back