Loggins and Messina - Self-Titled - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD (September 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the SQ vinyl of this the other week, and you can tell its a good recording and mix even on the SQ... can't wait for the SACD.

I never knew where "Mama Don't Dance" came from. Is this Kenny Loggins, by chance? The Top Gun theme dude?

Yes! This is before he entered the Danger Zone and went Footloose! :p
(He also co-wrote "What A Fool Belives" with Michael McDonald.. talented fella.. nice beard.. Loggins I mean, though McDonald had admirable face furniture too..)

Subscriber copies are in the mail.
This one is coming on its own which is unusual, they typically come in twos

Seems doubtful. Maybe they planned for them to be in the mail by now, but I don't think they are.

Loggins and Messina arrives in 4 Channel Multichannel SACD from Audio Fidelity!
Here's the comment and photo from Jeff Staben, one of the Audio Fidelity club subscribers on Facebook's Super Audio CD Forum:

"Loggins and Messina has arrived! Diana Krall also came today, so now my open SACD collection has officially hit 500! The next 500 is going to be a lot harder for me to achieve, but I'm working on it!"

Loggins and Messina arrive - 600.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=954303314627818&set=gm.781285068665434&type=1&permPage=1

Check out the booklet picture.

Attachments

• loggins_messina_booklet.jpg
    loggins_messina_booklet.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 302
Money has been pretty short to come by these days for me, and with the ever-rising tide of forthcoming releases, I find myself being less and less attracted to purchasing these Quad SACDs from Audio Fidelity in favor of 5.1 releases on DVDA and/or Blu-Ray. (I just canceled my preorder for "Loggins & Messina" this evening)

Despite that, I hope they still continue to sell well, and maybe when the new releases slow down a bit and money becomes more prevalent, I'll be able to jump on some of these Quad SACDs that I have missed.

Major mistake. That's an excellent disk, and I have it. Are you going to cancel Sly & The Family Stone too?

I'm also in the same situation with money and cash flow at a decade low. But since it is important to me that old quad mixes continue to get released, I must support some of these AF disc releases.

I just canceled Netflix and am watching my money. I can also sell off some vinyl for $15 to $20 a pop and not miss them on the shelf. So I will find a way to get these. I'd hate to finally get around to ordering Bread or Doors and find that they are OOP and all gone. On the other hand, if they sell out then that is a good thing, and I could get rips of these anytime I desire.

I think these are investment grade releases anyway. Flippers would do well to buy up a couple copies of at least the rock titles.

Last edited:
Back