Look at these meters !!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The box has arrived. Wire work ahead...
9VgAfoz.jpg

rMsQJP9.jpg

:smokinThanks to

LuvMyQuad

Go Johnny, Go!!

Great for comparing amps and speakers with one or two clicks. Good for checking the height speakers visually.

Dazzled! These meters are huge, look at the mug. Coloured lights can hypnotize.
Z7I5Mzr.jpg
urciHoP.jpeg
Why is the sensitivity levels set differently? Curious how you calibrated them
Sure looks pretty.

Why is the sensitivity levels set differently? Curious how you calibrated them
Sure looks pretty.
😇I knew this would be mentioned when I looked at the picture, poser levels set for the picture to catch a higher swing. Still need to play. Those colours, solid yellow and green are the best to me, red can get really intense. Various colours of blue dazzle. 1960s 🤓😎

Cheers!

Why is the sensitivity levels set differently?
One is for the meter range, the other is for how much the needle is dampened or its return speed. They are pretty fun to watch, of ourse, but it's nice to compare to the Wurly. I don't like that they are USB type powered. But small complaint.

They are big, but only about 1/2 the size of the Phase Linear 700B meters! But the 700B meters are nearly impossible to get movement without ear shattering volumes....the range is much too high and it barely knows my Klipsch speakers are there!

These meters are very fun. Remote really nice touch.

Good for checking the height speakers visually.
I don't know if I would go as far as saying meters are a must when listening to Atmos, but as I have meters on all my amps, for me they are a must.
Many times on QQ I will read "the Atmos heights are so great" and I'm like, what, there is barely anything coming out of the heights.
Also with amps designated for different speakers, if you don't have metered amps, but they are separates, you can turn off the speakers on the floor, leaving just the heights playing and that is another good way to tell how the heights are working, is it sounding great with moving information or it sounds great but is just immersive, not discrete.
Some people use sound meters and they can visualize the information, but I do not have that capability.

Well, one of my units developed some sort of DC offset on the right channel only. Not sure why, fooled with it a bit, but not really interested in a deep dive....sending them back. 😐

Edit: It seems to have everything to do with the USB power adapter. One that I use causes the needles to "flicker" or oscillate. The best one I have (Samsung for my phone) eliminates the oscillation but not the offset entirely. I dunno. But I didn't like the USB adapter to begin with.

Last edited:
Well, one of my units developed some sort of DC offset on the right channel only. Not sure why, fooled with it a bit, but not really interested in a deep dive....sending them back. 😐

Edit: It seems to have everything to do with the USB power adapter. One that I use causes the needles to "flicker" or oscillate. The best one I have (Samsung for my phone) eliminates the oscillation but not the offset entirely. I dunno. But I didn't like the USB adapter to begin with.
There is a warning about this in the manual. Plugged into a power-bar, no problem so far.
34 colours.

Last edited:
I fu
There is a warning about this in the manual (first page). Plugged into a power-bar, no problem so far.
34 colours.
I fucking hate when audio equipment says that kind of small print stuff.
Like my Niagara 5000, in the print says are unit will emit a buzz and is normal.
Like watching TV for drug company advertisements, take our pill, you may kill yourself, but you won’t have eye problems.
WTF.

I fu

I fucking hate when audio equipment says that kind of small print stuff.
Like my Niagara 5000, in the print says are unit will emit a buzz and is normal.
Like watching TV for drug company advertisements, take our pill, you may kill yourself, but you won’t have eye problems.
WTF.
I changed that, first page warns about speaker wattage. Print is tiny.
Cheers!

I could not read really anything in the manual in the box...not even with my glasses and a flashlight. LOL.
Tiny print has made me dizzy, throw in the meter colours and I'm blurry now. The M/D button is interesting. M has lower sensitivity. D higher for more swing range. Only through the remote.

I never see it mentioned, my Yamaha A2A has tiny digital meters displayed for all channels including sub-woofer in one tiny window. (Must choose this display on front panel)
Cheers!
Surprised, the Yamaha A2A receiver has slightly larger meters since the latest firmware update. Can now read channel letters from a distance.

Back