Looking for a cheap portable hi-res PCM/DSD player?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Came across this IndieGoGo campaign, and I can't vouch for the company personally, but I have pledged for one of their top of the line players - for $100 you can't really go wrong, I don't think.

Specs from their page of the player I'm talking about:

• Seiun Pro X is the flagship product for the Seiun line, our goal is to make this a beast to be reckoned with.

• Featuring a powerful 8-Core CPU and the latest version of Android OS.

• It’s a Portable Media Player capable of playing Audio up to 384KHz/32bit PCM and Native DSD 256.

• It can also decode Ultra HD 4K Video out via the Type-C to HDMI (2.0) port.

• The USB Type-C port will also serve as a SPDIF out connection supporting up to a 384KHz/32bit digital audio signal. (We are also testing a 768KHz/32bit mode, however this is yet to be confirmed)

• With a spectacular 5.5” 1920x1080px Capacitive Touch Screen you’ll be able to view your favorite content on the go!

• You’ll be able to connect to all your favorite streaming video services through the Google Play Store (i.e, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Vimeo, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Crackle, HBO Go, Vudu & more!)

• We are working with our partners to integrate robust Local homeserver and Global cloud technology through future software updates. So you'll be able to access your collection anywhere you have a WiFi signal!

• An ultra-low distortion ESS Sabre DAC featuring a Hyperstream architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator.

• The Seiun Pro X also features a Bluetooth 4.0 Chip for added connectivity.

• The Seiun Pro X will come with 64GB of built in storage and a Micro SDXC slot (for cards up to 128GB).

• The 3.5MM Jack will serve as a Headphone Amp connection supporting up to 384KHz/32bit Audio out! (We are also testing a 768KHz/32bit mode, however this is yet to be confirmed)

• Built on Android OS so you’ll have access to all your favorite games and content through the Google Play Store.

• You will also be able to upsample non-Hi-Res Audio up to 384KHz/32bit.

• The Seiun Pro X will have a 3000mAH battery

• The Seiun Pro X will feature an aluminum body combined with a sleek glass screen.

In The Box: Player, Charging Cable, USB Type-C to HDMI Cable, User Guide

Supposedly shipping in March 2016 but you can sign up as a beta tester and get one as early as next month.

seiun.jpg

Back