• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a Sansui QRX-7500A or a QRX-9001/999.......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadnewbie

I am looking for either one in very good operating condition. It doesn't have to be cosmetically nice but more important is that it works! If you have one for sale, please let me know! Thanks you!

I got two, they both play, but of course at this age the 9001s are going to need recapped and etc.
We used to use em as preamps to record onto our half inch Tascam 38 8-track reel deck before we got the matching
mixing and recording board for it. The 8-track, snake and mixing board are long gone, but the 9001s are still in storage.

I got two, they both play, but of course at this age the 9001s are going to need recapped and etc.
We used to use em as preamps to record onto our half inch Tascam 38 8-track reel deck before we got the matching
mixing and recording board for it. The 8-track, snake and mixing board are long gone, but the 9001s are still in storage.

Do you have an idea what you might want for one of the 9001's? Thanks

If you really don't need the extra power I'd go with a 7001. Much cheaper and more reliable and has the same Vario-matrix.

I saw a 7500 for sale yesterday at vintage record store in Grand Prairie (Arlington), Texas. They had a price of $499 posted on it. Negotiable, I'd think. Don't know the phone number but you might do a google search for Forever Young Records. Good luck.

I am looking to buy or trade Quad recordings that have been transferred to multichannel CD. Do you have any?

I saw a 7500 for sale yesterday at vintage record store in Grand Prairie (Arlington), Texas. They had a price of $499 posted on it. Negotiable, I'd think. Don't know the phone number but you might do a google search for Forever Young Records. Good luck.

I am looking to buy or trade Quad recordings that have been transferred to multichannel CD. Do you have any?

no I don't sorry, thank you

I saw a 7500 for sale yesterday at vintage record store in Grand Prairie (Arlington), Texas. They had a price of $499 posted on it. Negotiable, I'd think. Don't know the phone number but you might do a google search for Forever Young Records.

I called.

The reason it's only $500 and negotiable besides is that not all of it works. That and it's been in non-climate-controlled storage for thirty years, i.e. in somebody's garage or basement. Like I said---fully-restored versions go for around a grand, and since all of mine plays, that's why I'm figuring around $750 or so---detracting from some of the cosmetic damage any good carpenter could correct 1 2 3.

And as far as converted quadraphonic recordings, the last attempt at that devolved into a henpeck to put it kindly, the same as quadraphonic equipment repair devolved into.

Don't EVEN start THOSE two threads up again. It's been beat to death as it is.

I am not looking but do have a qrx-9001 need to get rid of. turns on lights up but no sound dont know whats wrong, but know i can sell not working. Will sell for $275 need money,if iterested my number 503-560-6847. thankyou

And as far as converted quadraphonic recordings, the last attempt at that devolved into a henpeck to put it kindly, the same as quadraphonic equipment repair devolved into.

Don't EVEN start THOSE two threads up again. It's been beat to death as it is.

What happened with the "Converted Quad recordings"? What was the argument and the disagreement? I never saw the threads.

Hello

are you still looking for a QRX-9001 . I just purchased one this week.
It is in cosmetically fairly good shape and it does work. Missing one knob and the ball holder for the antenna is broken.

I will be having it serviced soon and try to find a replacement part for the antenna mount.
Let me know if you are interested.

Back