MAG - LEV Audio ML1 Levitating Turntable: U.S. Premiere Review

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
For LP fans....

IMG_0956-e1539985108293-768x1024.jpeg

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/mag-lev-audio-ml1-levitating-turntable/

Can I be forgiven for disappointment that this genuinely interesting and revolutionary technology is not being used to compensate for the many, many, TOO MANY off-center pressings we keep getting stuck with?
Why I Dislike Vinyl

Love the orgasmic declaration about the SNR, -73db!!
Wow & Flutter .17%!!

If you know anything about these measurements, you know digital wipes the floor with a TT.

That said, to me this seems like a very good idea for vinyl playback although how vinyl gear reviewers classify "inexpensive rigs" is ridiculous.

Love the orgasmic declaration about the SNR, -73db!!
Wow & Flutter .17%!!

If you know anything about these measurements, you know digital wipes the floor with a TT.

That said, to me this seems like a very good idea for vinyl playback although how vinyl gear reviewers classify "inexpensive rigs" is ridiculous.

Not that this particular turntable is 'cheap' by audiophile turntable standards [under $3K] but if you really want to be technical, there are turntables for $175K, cartridges for $20K and step up transformers for $60K.....

If I was still into analogue, I would actually buy this turntable. Awesome! But you'd have to spend a lot more to outfit it with a new tonearm, cartridge, analogue interconnects and a proper power cord and of course the requisite 'step up transformer' to your pre/pro if you wanted to achieve the level of sonics the reviewer experienced....and audiophile separates and speakers to properly complete the package.

As long as this isn't a precursor to FLYING CARS.......people can't drive, as it is, on 6 lane highways and who needs people crashing into buildings and/or falling debris from the 'friendly' skies? Amazon DRONES, included!

So if Pizza Rat crawls under there with his or her slice while it's playing "We've Only Just Begun" by The Carpenters, will the rat turn into Chuck E. Cheese? And then murder me?

So if Pizza Rat crawls under there with his or her slice while it's playing "We've Only Just Begun" by The Carpenters, will the rat turn into Chuck E. Cheese? And then murder me?

So long as you're playing That's Amore on your Mag Lev turntable, Pizza Rat, well satisfied from his pizza slice, will harbor NO murderous tendencies....he'll just exude a healthy rodent belch!

When the Moon hits your eyes like a bigga Pizza Pie .... that's AMORE!

Last edited:
So if Dean Martin spills his martini on this thing while it's playing "Too Drunk To F#@&" by The Dead Kennedys, will I learn about impulse control?

God damn it, it's 3 o'clock in the morning.

The funny thing about Dino, Jim, is that he never drank and that's been verified. Just an act!

Back