Marillion - Clutching at Straws & Misplaced Childhood to receive a new CD/Blu-Ray reprint

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Healthcare29

Below from Lucy - Manager

Good news and bad news!
I have finally managed to get Warners to agree to re-manufacture a limited edition run of the Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws CD/DVD Deluxe Editions. Because it will be a smaller run than the original print, unfortunately the price will have to be quite high (though much, much cheaper than Ebay!). The price will be in the region of ÂŁ50. So, we would like to know how many of you would be interested so that we don't have to purchase lots of stock! This would probably take a few months to complete.
To help us, please don't comment below, but go vote in our online survey. Many thanks in advance.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/surv...bjx9wQwzxqzK7YNjD9ai7J9om1j0S6Foo4_3D&lang=en

Weren't these albums originally issued as a CD/Blu Ray package? Doing a reissue with a lossy source on DVD seems a bit of a backwards step? Good news to be getting a reprint though, hopefully that's just a clerical error regarding DVD.

Weren't these albums originally issued as a CD/Blu Ray package? Doing a reissue with a lossy source on DVD seems a bit of a backwards step? Good news to be getting a reprint though, hopefully that's just a clerical error regarding DVD.
I'm pretty sure Lucy meant Blu-Ray. Some people still call Blu-Ray Disc a "Blu-Ray DVD".

If you don’t have them and want them get in there, they are going for funny money on ebay, and the money is going to the group

How is this news not blowing up on here? Do most of you with any interest already have Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws? Seems to me this will sell out in just a few days or is the pent up demand limited to just a few hundred fans sprinkled around the globe?

Last edited:
Below from Lucy - Manager

Good news and bad news!
I have finally managed to get Warners to agree to re-manufacture a limited edition run of the Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws CD/DVD Deluxe Editions. Because it will be a smaller run than the original print, unfortunately the price will have to be quite high (though much, much cheaper than Ebay!). The price will be in the region of ÂŁ50. So, we would like to know how many of you would be interested so that we don't have to purchase lots of stock! This would probably take a few months to complete.
To help us, please don't comment below, but go vote in our online survey. Many thanks in advance.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/surv...bjx9wQwzxqzK7YNjD9ai7J9om1j0S6Foo4_3D&lang=en
Should the title of this thread be changed?

Marillion - Clutching at Straws & Misplaced Childhood CD/BD Deluxe w/ signed print now available!

PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER AND WILL BE RELEASED ON 20TH OCTOBER 2023.

THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL PRESSING OF 1000 COPIES OF THE 2017 RELEASE AND INCLUDES THE A4 PRINT OF THE ALBUM ARTWORK HAND SIGNED BY MARK KELLY, IAN MOSLEY, STEVE ROTHERY & PETE TREWAVAS.

THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL PRESSING OF 1000 COPIES OF THE 2018 RELEASE AND INCLUDES THE A4 PRINT OF THE ALBUM ARTWORK, HAND SIGNED BY MARK KELLY, IAN MOSLEY, STEVE ROTHERY & PETE TREWAVAS.

No hand signed by Fish as before with the first run

PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER AND WILL BE RELEASED ON 20TH OCTOBER 2023.

THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL PRESSING OF 1000 COPIES OF THE 2017 RELEASE AND INCLUDES THE A4 PRINT OF THE ALBUM ARTWORK HAND SIGNED BY MARK KELLY, IAN MOSLEY, STEVE ROTHERY & PETE TREWAVAS.

THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL PRESSING OF 1000 COPIES OF THE 2018 RELEASE AND INCLUDES THE A4 PRINT OF THE ALBUM ARTWORK, HAND SIGNED BY MARK KELLY, IAN MOSLEY, STEVE ROTHERY & PETE TREWAVAS.

I have to assume Fish was asked and declined, I think he is busy with his own releases and is preparing to move house in the next few months

Too bad Fish isn't signing the prints. Also questionable as to to why Rothery (edit: I was thinking Steve Hogarth) is signing. Nonetheless, I'm very grateful to both the band and to Racket Records for doing this. Misplaced Childhood scores >9 on our polls and Clutching at Straws >8. I was also missing both of these along with Brave. Even with shipping, getting both of these reissues shipped to the US comes to about $110 total. I think that is a good value and I've already placed my order.

Last edited:
Too bad Fish isn't signing the prints. Also questionable as to to why Rothery is signing. Nonetheless, I'm very grateful to both the band and to Racket Records for doing this. Misplaced Childhood scores >9 on our polls and Clutching at Straws >8. I was also missing both of these along with Brave. Even with shipping, getting both of these reissues shipped to the US comes to about $110 total. I think that is a good value and I've already placed my order.
Why? He's on the albums so why wouldn't he sign them?

Back