Marillion - Clutching at Straws & Misplaced Childhood to receive a new CD/Blu-Ray reprint

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is this news not blowing up on here? Do most of you with any interest already have Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws? Seems to me this will sell out in just a few days or is the pent up demand limited to just a few hundred fans sprinkled around the globe?
I do have them both. Grab these while you can. Childhood is an all time classic with a great mix. And Straws .... well, what can I say. .... I'm a sucker for warm wet circles.

How is this news not blowing up on here? Do most of you with any interest already have Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws? Seems to me this will sell out in just a few days or is the pent up demand limited to just a few hundred fans sprinkled around the globe?
Probably those with an interest already have these. They were relatively economically priced on the first pressuring and the majority of the QQ lot don’t tend to procrastinate.

I was about to buy it, but when I reviewed the exchange rate, it gave me 106$CAD for 64£ (50£ + 14£ shipping), so I didn't buy it. I'm interested in this album, missed it the first time, but it's too rich for my blood as I don't like it enough to buy it at that price. It doesn't help that I missed the Burning Shed and official Marillion store preorders at 41£ instead of the others at 50£.

I was about to buy it, but when I reviewed the exchange rate, it gave me 106$CAD for 64£ (50£ + 14£ shipping), so I didn't buy it. I'm interested in this album, missed it the first time, but it's too rich for my blood as I don't like it enough to buy it at that price. It doesn't help that I missed the Burning Shed and official Marillion store preorders at 41£ instead of the others at 50£.
I managed to find a place with a lower price and less expensive shipping, so I ordered and I received it today!

Was going to pass on Clutching At Straws but after playing Fugazi this week I have an increased appreciation for the group, so decided I need Clutching too.
Amazon Canada 3rd party seller (Chalkys…have had good luck with them).
jpc would have been about the same price, about $80CDN all in.

Last edited:
Buy the Clutching at Straws one as well, if it’s still out there. Brilliant album and the content of the SE is great.
If I understand correctly, some of the other SE’s might get a small rerun in te near future as well (Brave is apparantly very much in demand).

Buy the Clutching at Straws one as well, if it’s still out there. Brilliant album and the content of the SE is great.
If I understand correctly, some of the other SE’s might get a small rerun in te near future as well (Brave is apparantly very much in demand).
I edited my previous post for clarity, it’s Clutching At Straws that I ordered.
I bought Fugazi a couple of years ago but didn’t listen to it until this week. It really stoked the fires to buy more Fish era Marillion.

I edited my previous post for clarity, it’s Clutching At Straws that I ordered.
I bought Fugazi a couple of years ago but didn’t listen to it until this week. It really stoked the fires to buy more Fish era Marillion.
Rang
Clutching at Straws is an incredible album. I personally think its their best album. And the 5.1 is superb. You made the right decision by purchasing. Enjoy

Back