Michael Jackson-This Is It

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daved64

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The wife is a huge fan from way back during the J5 days, so I got this using a gift card. Have to admit I was very surprised by how good it was. MJ looks much better than I expected, and he sounds pretty good when he's singing live (a few spots he is lip synching to tracks). Fantastic sound and mix!

Feel bad for all the dancers and musicians that busted their asses, only to see it never happen.

Haven't seen the Blu-Ray, but I did rent the DVD version at one of those Red Box kiosks. Seeing this had been a very mild curiosity, and one day after eating some Mickey D's figured I'd give it a try for a buck. Skipped through quite a bit of the film seeing as how I'm not a huge fan, but enjoyed the parts I watched. The surround sound was pretty good even on the DVD considering it was just Dolby Digital.

I hadn't realized that Orianthi, who has a song that's all over pop radio right now, was actually the guitarist on this. This led me to listen to her album and, while its firmly entrenched in the 2010 pop songbook, the edge her excellent guitar work brings to the mix really elevates the music. She also has an instrumental on the album which is almost on a Vai/Satriani level (she even opened for Vai.) The name of the album is "Believe," and I'd ahve to recommend to those looking for something new. I'm not saying it's the greatest thing ever, but some of it is a pleasant surprise.

I hadn't realized that Orianthi, who has a song that's all over pop radio right now, was actually the guitarist on this. This led me to listen to her album and, while its firmly entrenched in the 2010 pop songbook, the edge her excellent guitar work brings to the mix really elevates the music. She also has an instrumental on the album which is almost on a Vai/Satriani level (she even opened for Vai.) The name of the album is "Believe," and I'd ahve to recommend to those looking for something new. I'm not saying it's the greatest thing ever, but some of it is a pleasant surprise.

She does a nice little guitar showcase with the other guitar player during This Is It.

It's a real shame that the guy was so screwed up because he was a real talent and it's hard to look past the crap. I maintain that Thriller is insanely over-rated, but Off The Wall is a soulful masterpiece. Off The Wall in 5.1 would be great!

It's a real shame that the guy was so screwed up because he was a real talent and it's hard to look past the crap. I maintain that Thriller is insanely over-rated, but Off The Wall is a soulful masterpiece. Off The Wall in 5.1 would be great!

That's my opinion, too.

I rented it tonight.

I thought it was great. The sound and PQ is much better than most 'regular' concert releases I've seen.

Well worth seeing.

Michael was a very gifted performer and very musically intuitive.

Our loss.

I took the advice of this forum (as I do on a LOT of things) and rented "This Is It." Even though I'm not a fan (15,000 songs on my Zune and only ONE of them by Michael Jackson), this show is a fascinating look at what went into the preparation of what would have been an incredible show. It also lets us in on what a kind man he was.

It's worth mentioning again that there is a pretty decent 5.1 mix on this thing. Very discrete.

Back