MISC : JVC 4MD-10X

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeling

I've just find this copy of a JVC 4MD-10X, it's in great condition , like new.( Stylus Cleaner is absent). I haven't yet made a test to compare with my excell ES-70EX4.

DSCF0933.JPG

DSCF0934.JPG

DSCF0936.JPG

JVC 4MD-10X specs.jpg

Hi Wheeling. |I have the similar 4MD-5X in the same box. I like it for stereo and matrix quad discs, but had difficulty with CD4 demodulators. Could be a fault in the turntable or demodulators. The good thing is that JICO still makes styli for it and plenty of after market generics also turn up at reasonable prices, especially if you go to Yahoo auctions through Buyee.jp. I would like to hear your experience with your 4MD-10X when you have it set up. You will want to align it in your tonearm, unless you have a Victor turntable. I found mine to be off alignment for my Technics turntable.

I've test it , if it work perfectly with my cd4 demodulator , I no find differences with my excell ES-70EX4 , but i'm not sure to be the great guys for compare !! ;)

Hi Wheeling. Which CD4 demodulator are you using? I have not used any Excel quad cartridges. I am using an EPC-451C semiconductor cartridge now as it seems to like my turntable and I get nice CD4 performance. I do wish to figure out why I can't use MM cartridges for CD4. Styli for the 4md 1-5-10X carts are cheaper and available from JICO and other places. I would like to try the X-1 and Z-1 carts next if my budget allows. I have 2 4md-20X carts as well.

Latest posts

Back