MoFi CD cloth inners? Anyone have experience with them--good or bad?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MmmBopbopbop

I've been using the standard plastic round bottom inner CD sleeves sourced from Japan for my CDs but am afraid they might get a ripple/cloudiness to them as other people have mentioned.

So I got to looking at the CD sleeves at MoFi. They're square and made of a cloth material. A few questions about them:

Anyone experience any outgassing residue on your discs with them after a long period (say, 6 months to a year?) Wouldn't the cloth material itself lend to being more prone to dirt and such?

Also, do these sleeves fit better or worse into US digisleeve releases (like 2011/2016 Pink Floyd or Beatles 2009 remasters)? Do they crumple up? Do they slide into the mini LP sleeves easy?

I’m guessing it’s a polyester type material. It was on both sides but now MoFi has changed it to cloth on one side and clear thick plastic on the other. They’re easier to insert back into the cardboard but I miss the old version.

Personally, I have not experienced any problems with them damaging the discs.

I purchased a bunch of the cloudy plastic type ones for my discs that don’t come in a jewel case and haven’t had a problem with them affecting the discs in a negative way. Though, they do crease quite a bit because they’re thin.

Back