Monster Music Deluxe CD + Audio DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Score! Thanks for the heads-up on this. The website is not user-friendly. I have the Rittenour and Ray Charles discs are they sound fantastic. Gustavo and Snood rock!

Heads up guys if you are looking to pick up some of these monster music titles. Go to https://www.monsterproducts.com/ and at least three of these titles are on sale for under $10 each. Save 10% with MONSTERNEWSLETTER2015 coupon code.

Thanks for the heads up on Sketches of Spain, Steve!
Does anybody know what is the difference between the 107440-00 and the 107441-00? They have an identical description, one has the higher price so grab that one I guess!

EDIT: Going with 107441-00 as I saw that number in this thread.

Monster Music's wonderful Anjulie release is quite enjoyable and has some VERY deep bass in the opening track. And I urge ALL to take advantage of Sketches of Spain for under $10. I paid $50 for it thinking it was OOP and no longer available. I have ALL of the Monster Music releases and for lossy DTS they really do sound remarkable and at least they include a lossless 96/24 track for "good measure." And even Monster Music's Peter Cincotti DVD "LIVE in New York" with DTS 5.1 is better than you think......tastefully filmed high above a Manhattan rooftop and as a bonus includes his entire album "On The Moon" on a separate 'audiophile mastered' RBCD produced by legendary 12 time Grammy winning producer Phil Ramone. A very swinging affair! If you're a Harry Connick Jr. fan...........well you get the picture....now get the video.

http://www.wildwestelectronics.net/peter-cincotti-live-in-new-york-123796.html

http://www.monsterproducts.com/Monster_Music_Miles_Davis_Sketches_of_Spain

http://www.tower.com/anjulie-cd/wapi/113833030

Last edited:
I just ordered the Peter Cincotti Monster DVD on Ebay and there are plenty for very good prices HERE

[video=youtube;aTu-vt5OaNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTu-vt5OaNs&list=PLhgB3dsF0FLIh0dNhJ1LVmWf_nne_qx7H&index=1[/video]

Hello guy's! Glad to see this topic comes to life as I am also big fan of this Monster Superdisc series. And I got them all!:banana:
Recently I've found interesting thread from 2006 year on another forum and there was a guy named Richard Casey who was responsible for this series as he said. And this is his post (maybe it's outdated for now but anyway has plenty of usefull info about nature of these Superdisc's):
Hi,

I saw the posts here in the A/V Forum about Monster Music. I am the Producer/Director of the Monster Music titles as well as the Ultimate DVD Home Theater Setup Disc (Series) and the new Standard Definition DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc versions of CHRONOS.

I am an Audiophile / Videophile, and Home Theater Enthusiast myself and a highly technical Producer. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have, but let me start by providing you with an overview with respect to the Monster Music discs.

Monster and I have agreed on technical and quality standards for all "SuperDiscs." First, we always go back to the original source whenever possible. Hopefully, this is Analog, as was the case for the Vince Guaraldi and the Ray Charles titles. We use only the most respected mastering labs and engineers as well as the best DCS or Apogee ADAC's (converters) for the transfers to 96/24.

If the original Audio format was Digital, we do NOT upconvert or downcovert the Audio files. We always try to stay in the Native Format and avoid any dithering at all costs. On rare occasions, this may not be possible, but 95% of the time, we are true to the original source. These conversions can degrade sound quality ... especially if they are done by someone who is not very familiar with this process.

When mixing these titles, we use proprietary processes and today's best available gear and technology, combined with some old school know how and equipment, to obtain the best possible quality and presentation. Their is no doubt Monster strives to deliver an "experience" like no other in their mixes.

The Standard Definition Monster DVD Discs (HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc will be coming later this year) use DTS (96/24 on Ray Charles) for the Surround and 96/24 PCM, which is lossless, for the Stereo Track. I highly recommend playing these discs on a DVD Player that has a 96/24 out with good DAC's for both the Stereo and Surround Playback.

Also, the Video Sources for the primary Video content is in HD. We try to seek out original content shot in 1080p / 24. In some rare cases, we may make an exception, but 1080p / 24 is our format of choice.

When we author the title for DVD, we do not accept the MPEG 2 Encoder automated Compression Settings. We go back and tweak every GOP, which is about 100 frames of video, or a bit more than 1.5 seconds. I can assure you not many people, if any, go through this much trouble when authoring a DVD. This results in the best looking Video Encode possible using today's best available gear.

By the way, we chose to go with DTS for several reasons. While MLP and SACD are great formats, the software and the hardware for these formats has not realized great success in the Consumer marketplace. DVD Video, using DTS for Surround, offers a much broader audience.and superb results ... especially when everything is handled just right from the beginning.

For example, our version of Ray Charles was created from a 96/24 source which was remastered from the original Analog Master at "The Mastering Lab" by Doug Sax. This was done specifically for this project at Monster's request. By comparison, the SACD Version came from a 48/24 source.

Also, we handled everything from the source to the final mastering and pressing of the discs to achieve optimum playback and spectacular performance. Every step of the chain was supervised closely and there were no compromises made or quality sacrificed.

I highly recommend auditioning some of these "SuperDiscs" as I believe if you actually watch and listen, you will not be disappointed.

Richard Casey
R&B Films, Ltd.
Producer's Guild of America

PS: As a side note, the new HD-DVD Titles I am producing will be some of the first to actually utilize HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc features. We are also one of the first to use DTS-HD and DTS Master Audio Lossless on our HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc titles. Our first titles go through our own proprietary processes that qualify them as Digital Reference Series (DRS) titles. We only apply the DRS Logo to titles that offer a stellar presentation. I think you will see that CHRONOS will be far and above the best HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc title available for when it hits the market in the next 30 to 60 days. We will also be releasing another DRS title soon thereafter - "3 Doors Down" - in both HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
Richard J. Casey

Disney WOW - World of Wonder

Producers Guild of America, New Media Council
(BD Industry Insider)

Maybe someone can ask him a question about future releases from Monster Music on DVD or even Blu-ray if any are planned...
Here is his profile on avs forum: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/members/7599247-rbfilms.html

Ps. Sorry, but my English skills is not high enough to have such a complicated dialogs. ))

Update
Wow! Just look what I found today: http://rbfilms.com/RB.html
Under Products you will find many titles and almost all Monster Superdisc's among them with full info about release and even downloadable press release in pdf format. Cool!
Under Contact there is a phone number, so I believe you can talk to Mr.Richard Casey himself. ;)

Last edited:
Heads up guys if you are looking to pick up some of these monster music titles. Go to https://www.monsterproducts.com/ and at least three of these titles are on sale for under $10 each. Save 10% with MONSTERNEWSLETTER2015 coupon code.

Holy Kwap guys - They dropped the prices on the Benson & Benson/Jurreau to 10 bux and Ray Charles to 4.99 all 3 superdiscs and with this above coupon 9 Bux for each and Charles for 4.50 WTF!!!??? - Snood paid like 24 bux a month ago for the Benson/Jurreau........get them nooooooooooooooooooow

Me know that the rest were 14.98 for Ray Charles and 24.98 for Benson............wow - GET THEM

Ahhhh sheeeeeeeeeeet - both the Charlie Browns are out of stock - The Vince Guaraldi trio one would have been nice

Well found the Vince Gauraldo Charlie Brown New for 5.99 free shipping here - check out the surround features below

3 Different Surround Mixes to Choose From (Vince Guaraldi DVD)

Here are three unique surround experiences remixed from the original 1965 masters. You can select the “On Stage Concert Hall” surround mix and hear what it would be like to be onstage with Vince Guaraldi, with a larger-than-life orchestral sound. And you can also hear the trio in a small piano bar by selecting the “Jazz Club” mix, or experience them from the front row of Carnegie Hall with the “Front Row” surround mix.

A Charlie Brown Christmas has been released many times, but never before have they been remixed from the original masters. Head Monster Noel Lee and star producer John Burk lifted them from the vaults so they could work with the original tape. The only problem was that they were recorded on 3-track, which was a fleeting format that only lasted a few years in the early sixties. Once the rare 3-track analog masters were located and we had secured a 3-track tape head, they were converted into PCM digital audio at 96k/24bit.

Then we simulated a home theater environment in the mixing studio. Stephen Hart, John Burk and Noel Lee worked on Pro Tools HD within the matrix of a surround field of Monster THX speakers driven by a 5-channel Monster Power amp. The result is breathtaking. You can practically hear the bristles on the brushes of drummer, Jerry Granelli. You can hear Guaraldi happily tapping on his grand piano and imagine the honest smile beneath his famous mustache. This SuperDisc also includes the original stereo recording for your CD player

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vince-Guara...hash=item2107294f6c:m:m9Lr0nsPKOFGWoDvXeEJqnw

Feel awfully lucky, Snood. Me pay 50 bucks for a 'used' copy of Sketches of Spain when it disappeared from the marketplace last year. Now it's $9.99!

But as we all learned from the hi res physical disc marketplace.........when it does go Out of Print (OOP), wowie, zowie.....the sky's the limit on price gouging.

BTW, do you have the Lee Ritenour 6 String Theory Monster DTS disc? Fantastic! Again, it's as hard to find as hen's teeth.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday Snood. At least Christmas sort of came early for you this year as you scored some GREAT deals! ENJOY.

Feel awfully lucky, Snood. Me pay 50 bucks for a 'used' copy of Sketches of Spain when it disappeared from the marketplace last year. Now it's $9.99!

But as we all learned from the hi res physical disc marketplace.........when it does go Out of Print (OOP), wowie, zowie.....the sky's the limit on price gouging.

BTW, do you have the Lee Ritenour 6 String Theory Monster DTS disc? Fantastic! Again, it's as hard to find as hen's teeth.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday Snood. At least Christmas sort of came early for you this year as you scored some GREAT deals! ENJOY.

Yeah 4 eared, Ritenour and Miles Davis - that was the first ones I ordered waaaay back for 24.98 then added George Benson & Ray Charles............then about a few months ago the Benson & Jurreau then another and another etc...........last night completed it with the Charlie Brown stuff. 3 Doors Down?? not too familiar with their stuff but the DVD options look interesting. Maybe

Some great prices up there now ..............ya'll go get them they are nice and greatly priced now.

Merry Christmas to you also 4 eared :snoodhug:

I ordered 3 Doors Down. They aren't a favorite band, but for a few bucks, it's worth satisfying my curiosity.

Baggy please let us know what ya think toooooooooooooooo..........very interested. Thank You :banana:

I ordered 3 Doors Down. They aren't a favorite band, but for a few bucks, it's worth satisfying my curiosity.

I ordered that one too...it's worth that price for "when I'm gone"...love that song...kick ass song

[video=youtube;pFq1eT9tMJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFq1eT9tMJ4&index=2&list=PLWIwV9DwujsVfmJvwVnwDrTyUa0kB-Ch-[/video]

Mr. Van Diggele, I assume NL means the Netherlands and that you're Dutch? I had the joy to visit the Netherlands once. I was raised by a Van Konynenburg and he wanted to see the homeland!
That's right, NL is The Netherlands. Van Konynenburg sounds Dutch :) Konyn is a rabbit in Dutch. It is a nice country. I have been to the USA once, to Phoenix. Mainly for two weeks of work, and some pleasure :)

That's right, NL is The Netherlands. Van Konynenburg sounds Dutch :) Konyn is a rabbit in Dutch. It is a nice country. I have been to the USA once, to Phoenix. Mainly for two weeks of work, and some pleasure :)

My understanding is his name means "from rabbit's town (or fortress/fortified town)"
I thought Holland (Netherlands) was lovely. The thing about the States, is it's so varied geographically. Phoenix is nothing like my home near San Francisco/Oakland or where I lived near Seattle for a time. Phoenix can be nice. Hiking and such.

Back