Need a Blues SACD with a driving beat

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitehall said:
Testing new speakers and I would love a great blues album in SACD (stereo OK) with a driving, toe-tapping beat.

Any suggestions?

JSP Records has released a few Blues sacd titles that I really enjoy. My favorites are Buddy Guy "DJ Play My Blues" and James & Lucky Peterson "If You Can't Fix It". Both are surround releases.

Whitehall said:
Testing new speakers and I would love a great blues album in SACD (stereo OK) with a driving, toe-tapping beat.

Any suggestions?

Keb Mo - "Just Like You" has a couple of cuts with a driving beat. Many are more melodic but it is all well recorded. (MCH)

I can't recommend Junior Well's - "Come in this House" enough. My fave blues SACD by a long shot.

bugdaddy said:
JSP Records has released a few Blues sacd titles that I really enjoy. My favorites are Buddy Guy "DJ Play My Blues" and James & Lucky Peterson "If You Can't Fix It". Both are surround releases.
Seems to me i have 4 JSP titles including a Jimmy Witherspoon and a Lowell Fulson, all a better getem while ya can!

If you want the best thing sonically the Keb' Mo' title, "Just Like You" would be it. If you want gritty blues and lessor sonics then the 2 JSP titles above by J&L Petterson and Buddy Guy would be good choices. Hell if you don't care if they are stereo the other Keb' Mo' title, "The Door" is also as sonically good as "Just Like You". The Keb's are demo material while the JSP's are not.

Back