Need A conversion done ;)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nephilim

Hi, I have a Quad LP of "Heavy Organ at Carnegie Hall by Virgil Fox" I need a Conversion done. IT is a Quadradisc RCA ARD1-0081 RED SEAL ??

The LP Appears to be in Good shape I have NOT listened to it DONT have a Record Player or any Old Quad equipment..

I have recently been introduced to Pipe Organ music and can't get Enough.. I had been sitting on this LP for a few years and Need to get this Done..

But First I want to know what it will cost me up front. PLEASE dont ask what is it worth I would just like an upfront cost. I dont need anything spectacular done to it but I would like it to sound like it was Professionaly done as much as possible. Most conversions I have heard sound fine to me..;)

Now I would like to know will the BASS be a GOOD reproduction or would it sound Crappy.. I am a BASS HEad and this is important for the BASS to be there..

THNX
Jerry

Was this one available on a quad reel? That might be the way to go.

Was wondering How it was going Bob?? Was the record in good Condition and did it play OK??
I've done three different transfers of this LP so far - each one plagued by some sort of weirdness...

The RCA vinyl is probably some of the worst I have ever heard. There is a low level "thoop" through much of the quiet stuff almost like there is a dip in the record though none is visible. Then there is the distortion in the very loud parts as if this thing has been played about a million times. It's not the setup of my demod either because I tested several other LPs with no problem. Going to try again over the weekend to see what I can come up with. I can take care of pops and a bit of crackle but distortion is a whole other thing. I even cleaned it twice with Lou Dorren's special sauce - it's nice and shiny now!! I will keep you posted. I have not given up!!

I just read this, looked, and found my copy of this album. It is in mint shape though I have not played it since i got it. But I don't recall any defects in it. I will play it this weekend in cd4 and report back how it sounds if any of you are interested.
PS I recall there was a volume 2 Heavy organ released in quad too.

Well IF it sounds good I would be interested are you going to lend it to me or Sell??

Thanks I appreciate the Offer!!

I played my copy, its pretty clean sounding and quiet, I didn't notice any overt humming. With an application of Lous cleaner it should be a little quieter. But then I may not have very discriminating ears and my cd4 setup is not optimally adjusted.
I'm willing to lend this to Mr Romano for the purposes of making a conversion if he thinks this may be a better prospect.

That would be great! It's possible that yours is in better shape and I can do it from there or if nothing else I can try to piece together a good take from both copies...

I have some SACDs that I would love to get converted to DVD-A, to play MC in car. I would gladly send the discs with prepaid post, etc. Though I am not sure this is technically possible.

Bender

@ Bender well I knoiw they can convert SACD to DTS Probally not much more of a stretch to transfer to DVD-A??

@ Bob How goes the conversion, Did you get the other Album from jefe1?? No Rush just curious to how it goes. and I am NOT sure how long a conversion takes but it is probally time consuming??

Back