Neil Young: No Longer on Streaming Services and the BBC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
From Neil Young on Facebook regarding Streaming Services :

"Streaming has ended for me. I hope this is ok for my fans.

It's not because of the money, although my share (like all the other artists) was dramatically reduced by bad deals made without my consent.

It's about sound quality. I don't need my music to be devalued by the worst quality in the history of broadcasting or any other form of distribution. I don't feel right allowing this to be sold to my fans. It's bad for my music.
For me, It's about making and distributing music people can really hear and feel. I stand for that.

When the quality is back, I'll give it another look. Never say never.

Neil Young"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/...treaming-services-the-worst-audio-in-history/

The BBC story:

"Wixen Music, who represents the artists, say: “The BBC can use Neil Young and the Doors any time they negotiate a license with us to do so in any given programme.”

The firm argues that the principle at stake is “basic respect for artists and songwriters wishing to determine how their work is used, and at what fees.”
They add: “All we are saying is that we won’t pre-approve uses or fees. In the USA, TV uses are approved and negotiated – our clients are not used to blanket pre-agreed uses and fees.”

But the BBC say: “We believe that single blanket collective licensing remains the most efficient and cost-effective way to licence music.”

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-07-12/neil-young-doors-in-bbc-ban

I wonder what his opinion on full scale cd services like Wimp or Tidal is.

I'm one who is happy he stood up for this issue! The music is so compressed it's not funny, but, I have seen people (listen) on phones, and inferior headsets. I put listen in part. because no one can listen for any length of time, due to inferior quality.

It's not about the money, but on the other hand it is at least partly about the money.

It's not about the money, but on the other hand it is at least partly about the money.

I thought so at 1st too, but he has plenty. This guy is around my age now and money has little value to me for some reason, I just don't give two anymore. as long as I have - beer, music, my system, my tv, my :phones, my :smokin, and the door to my man cave, with a lock on it-the world is good.

Back