Neumi Atom 4K as an Atmos music server

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a response from Neumi:
Hi [PurpleMoustache]
Thanks for contacting us.
The issue you mentioned is a known bug, and we have already scheduled our engineers to fix it. Once the issue is resolved, we will provide the new firmware version for download on our official website. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate your patience.
Kind regards
[Neumi Support]

However .mkv is not an audio format it's a container format. What audio format has been muxed within the .mkv container?
Sorry. Mka,
.mka is also a 'container' so my previous question applies!

Note: When it comes to discussing playback issues and bugs with any device, detailed information is vital!

Last edited:
I was looking at getting one of these to stream Atmos music that I would rip from Blu-ray. I did not want to deal with trying to rip the Atmos mix and break into tracks. I would be happy to rip one MKV with everything that is on the blu-ray with the hope that playing it back via this Neumi Atom 4k Ultra HD media player would be the same feel as just playing the blu-ray with the menus to chose the audio options. Does anyone know if it would behave that way?

I was looking at getting one of these to stream Atmos music that I would rip from Blu-ray. I did not want to deal with trying to rip the Atmos mix and break into tracks. I would be happy to rip one MKV with everything that is on the blu-ray with the hope that playing it back via this Neumi Atom 4k Ultra HD media player would be the same feel as just playing the blu-ray with the menus to chose the audio options. Does anyone know if it would behave that way?
I could not get MKV files to play Atmos tracks on the player. I emailed technical support and was told it was not possible yet.

I could not get MKV files to play Atmos tracks on the player. I emailed technical support and was told it was not possible yet.
Perhaps the firmware for the Atom 4K Lite (you bought) is not as mature as the Atom 4K. Or there's an issue with the 4K Lite device!

Really? I can play all kind of mkvs with Atmos, that's the reason I purchased this small player
Nice one... So to confirm... You have the Atom 4K not the 4K Lite?

Also, out of interest, what firmware version are you currently using?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Perhaps the firmware for the Atom 4K Lite (you bought) is not as mature as the Atom 4K. Or there's an issue with the 4K Lite device!

Nice one... So to confirm... You have the Atom 4K not the 4K Lite?

Also, out of interest, what firmware version are you currently using?

View attachment 105432
I've got the 4k, but don't know how to find the running FW version. For sure it's not the latest one as per your screenshot.
Are you running that one? I was thinking about upgrading it tomorrow, but if Atmos playback is at risk, I'll stay with the one I've got.

Back