New free music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfle

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
https://theaudiophilesociety.com/pages/copper-magazine
They'll want some information from you like an email address, but my guess is that they've already got that about most of us here.

I've only checked that my Oppo will play the files, and what I've heard sounds pretty good. You get three sets of files, ALAC for speakers, ALAC for headphones, and DSF for speakers.

FWIW, Copper Magazine is worth reading, too.

Well, I gave the DSF files a listen last night. Definitely synthesized cool jazz, definitely 2 channel, but good music that sounds great. Lots of dynamic range, lots of 2-channel bass.

Chesky is known as a decent quality company, and while this sounds like it was put together with lots of help from computers, I think it’s a good listen.

If there were a poll, I’d give it an 8.

Hopefully bumping this up, because the music is growing on me, sorta.

The mixes certainly give an illlusion of surround sound, although they are definitely 2CH. Sonics are impressive, and it's remarkably clean.

Negatives, every song seems to have an 8-count hook that repeats throughout the song, with no variation at all, and at times it's annoying. And I seem to fall asleep every time I try to get through the album. But it's free, and other than the hooks, it's pretty good music.

Back