Newly Announced SACD Titles At MoFi.com (Joni Mitchell, Whitney Houston and Warren Zevon)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm.....their description of Hejira states:

1976 ALBUM PLAYS WITH IMMERSIVE SOUND ON HYBRID SACD​

WTF? I am just going to assume that Mobile Fidelity doesn't know what "immersive" means and not get my hopes up!
Got a link for that? (I didn't see it on the product page.) Do they say the same thing about any of the other albums?

Not a link, just a screen shot. Those guys must be dopes to even say that.

1668129081655.png

Why dopes? Maybe it has a 5.1 layer with a 5.1 or quad mix. Immersive Sound is the hip new term for surround so it isn't too out there.
In general, I say that because MOFI doesn't do surround titles these days as far as I know. So, I'm certain it won't be multi-channel. Obviously, I'd love to be wrong.

In general, I say that because MOFI doesn't do surround titles these days as far as I know. So, I'm certain it won't be multi-channel. Obviously, I'd love to be wrong.

After looking at the descriptions of the other Joni Mitchell SACDs and the incredibly stupid terminology "plays transparently", etc. I think you are right. Most likely they are dopes.

Finally a batch I will not buy. Already have the Audio Fidelity Warren Zevon.
Trust me, I have tried to get into Joni Mitchell and I just can’t get there.
Oh, and Whitney Houston not on your life.
ON YOUR MARK ... GET SET .... A NO GO? Also have Zevon on AF.......And an 'immersive' hybrid Stereo SACD of Hejira? As for Whitney...well the jury is still OUT!

ON YOUR MARK ... GET SET .... A NO GO? Also have Zevon on AF.......And an 'immersive' hybrid Stereo SACD of Hejira? As for Whitney...well the jury is still OUT!

Ive got the Zevon on AF but Ill be getting the MFSL SACD. Why ? Because its Warren Zevon. And - just a hunch here - Mobile Fidelity has been working on this title for awhile so my positive zen says that they have opened up the soundstage and cleaned up the mix

Ive got the Zevon on AF but Ill be getting the MFSL SACD. Why ? Because its Warren Zevon. And - just a hunch here - Mobile Fidelity has been working on this title for awhile so my positive zen says that they have opened up the soundstage and cleaned up the mix
Whereas 4~ears who already owns the AF Stereo SACD will spend his 'hard earned money' on 3 UHD4K movies @ $9.99 each during Amazon's upcoming BLACK FRIDAY BLITZ!

See the source image

After looking at the descriptions of the other Joni Mitchell SACDs and the incredibly stupid terminology "plays transparently", etc. I think you are right. Most likely they are dopes.
they mixed up the descriptions, the transparency comment was about the coloured 78rpm 7" set spread over 18 sides of vinyl that only plays backwards! that's how transparent it is! 😅

D'oh! Thanks. Completely missed it. Well..."more information coming soon," I guess.
Still no change on the product page that @GOS linked to, and no "more information," either. (Four weeks is stretching the limits of "soon," if you ask me.) Hejira is my favorite Joni Mitchell album, but with two copies of it in my collection already, I can't see spending 30 bucks on an SACD when the best existing masterings are fine and an Atmos version will likely be out next year. (Ditto for the other five titles.)

In the meantime, Pitchfork has just published a thorough reappraisal:
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/joni-mitchell-hejira/

Last edited:
Still no change on the product page that @GOS linked to, and no "more information," either. (Four weeks is stretching the limits of "soon," if you ask me.) Hejira is my favorite Joni Mitchell album, but with two copies of it in my collection already, I can't see spending 30 bucks on an SACD when the best existing masterings are fine and an Atmos version will likely be out next year. (Ditto for the other five titles.)

In the meantime, Pitchfork has just published a thorough reappraisal:
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/joni-mitchell-hejira/
Definitely not Dutton Vocalion :whistle:

"WITH IMMERSIVE SOUND"... on an SACD, me confused also, channeling the Hejira perhaps??? :unsure:

Back