Next Batch of Depeche Mode SACDs up for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: I tried the CD only disc again, and it will now play on the Onkyo.
Weird.

Hmmmm,
I have tried these discs (both the DVD and the CD) on both of my computers players, as well as on my Sony CX-995V and my Onkyo CP-802 with no recognition.

Daved64, CDWow has a specific US site: http://www.cd-wow.us/ (look at the upper left corner, under the CDWOW)
Also, are you saying I can convert my DVD players to read PAL? Please explain.
Thanks,
Lonny

Daved64, CDWow has a specific US site: http://www.cd-wow.us/ (look at the upper left corner, under the CDWOW)
Also, are you saying I can convert my DVD players to read PAL? Please explain.
Thanks,
Lonny
They ship from overseas, hence the longer delivery times for USA

UK 5 to 7 days from despatch
Germany, Austria & Switzerland 4 to 6 days from despatch
Other EU 6 to 8 days from despatch
Hong Kong and Asia 5 to 7 days from despatch
Australia & New Zealand 7 to 10 days from despatch
USA 7 to 10 days from despatch

Your player seems to not be listed.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Hi guys,
I have either missed this, or it hasn't been posted here before, but the next batch of Depeche Mode SACD+DVD sets is up for pre-order at CD-WOW:

They are US$17.95 each (EUR 14.99). I just pre-ordered them. I suppose the same goes for them concerning regional coding and tv system as for the previous releases.

Best regards,
Oliver

Last edited:
Depeche Mode SACD/DVD - cdwow (UK) saleschart.

dpmsacdcdwowmarch2007za9.jpg

My Black Celebration and Construction Time SACD+DVD orders shipped from CD-WOW today

My Black Celebration and Construction Time SACD+DVD orders shipped from CD-WOW today

I got the shipment confirmation for these two titles as well today. Interestingly enough, when I logged in to my account yesterday they were already marked as shipped (but not notified)...

Best regards,
Oliver

I got the shipment confirmation for these two titles as well today. Interestingly enough, when I logged in to my account yesterday they were already marked as shipped (but not notified)...

Best regards,
Oliver

I have a shipping notice for Black Celebration but still waiting for Exciter & Ultra

Cheers

Martin

They really must have shipped them a couple of days before they sent the confirmation mail, because I found both packages in the mail this morning :banana:

I probably wont have a chance to check them out before tomorrow or so...

Best regards,
Oliver

My copies of Black Celebration and Construction Time Again arrived today. Interestingly, the slip cover sticker says nothing about SACD and calls the package a CD/DVD combination. But there is a small SACD logo on the disc labelled "cd" and these are indeed MC SACDs as the earlier versions were.

I listened to the 5.1 SACD of Construction Time Again this morning. I thought the surround mix was particularly good for this earlier effort, lots of nice stuff going on all around. These sets are real gems.

I listened to the 5.1 SACD of Construction Time Again this morning. I thought the surround mix was particularly good for this earlier effort, lots of nice stuff going on all around. These sets are real gems.

Both Construction Time Again and Black Celebration have been treated to the best 5.1 mixes of the Depeche re-releases to date - especially the former, which has long been my favourite DM album.

"Pipeline" is absolutely FUN, with sounds appearing from everywhere (if you know the song, you'd probably have been expecting that!) and with a neat little in-joke with the sample of the ping-pong ball used as one of the percussion instruments. In the original mix it was firmly anchored in the centre. But in the new 5.1 mix, the ball flies around the room as it bounces. Yep... the ping-pong effect :)

The majority of the songs are extremely active surround mixes that really work to enhance the songs; like the previous releases there are the occasional songs that sound, at their core, almost unchanged from the stereo mixes (perhaps because of the way Alan Wilder programmed them) but there are no fake-surround mixes at all, thankfully. The multitracks are in fine shape.

Also as before, some liberties have been taken with some songs mix-wise - "Stripped" is drastically different in sound to the stereo mix, and mysteriously seems to have lost its kick drum (!)

Overall though these are stunning packages (the documentaries on these discs are brilliant as well, and then there's all the bonus b-side tracks) - superb audio, stunning and detailed artwork, a true labour of love from mixer Kevin Paul and overseer Alan Wilder. A must-buy for any DM fan, no question.

Last edited:
CDUNIVERSE has EXITER & ULTRA from HONG KONG coming out on May 1st and from UK coming out in early July. Does anyone know if the HKs sound different then the UKs? I'm wary due to CCR & Bob Marley SACDs from HK that had poor sound quality.

On a side note I never got into DM before the SACD releases. I'm kicking myself for not discovering them earlier, but patting myself on the back for not buying multiple copies of their albums. Must have titles if you love surround & are into 80's techno-pop.

I received both Ultra & Exciter from CDWOW yesterday - they'd been on pre-order since January this year!

Same here.

I never bothered buying these albums on CD but I *love* the SACDs. The surround mix is fantastic.

I suggest opening poll threads for both of them.

Back