Next Genesis box?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
September? Arse. I can see my favourite albums (Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme, Selling England...) never making it to multichannel release at this rate. So near (as in mixes completed) and yet so far...:mad::(

September? Arse. I can see my favourite albums (Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme, Selling England...) never making it to multichannel release at this rate. So near (as in mixes completed) and yet so far...:mad::(

They are my favourites as well, but I believe that the delay is because Peter Gabriel was not happy with the multichannel mixes, and that might be a good sign. If he personally supervises things, they might be the best batch yet ... at least I hope so.

They are my favourites as well, but I believe that the delay is because Peter Gabriel was not happy with the multichannel mixes, and that might be a good sign. If he personally supervises things, they might be the best batch yet ... at least I hope so.

If indeed that is the case then it could be blessing and a curse. At the rate Peter seems to get things done the release date might end up being Sept 2018.

Just to follow up on what konoyaro said, these mixes have been finalized for quite a while. Nick Davis has repeatedly said each delay has had nothing to do with editing the mixes, that they are more to do with working around other Genesis releases like the When In Rome DVD. People are hoping the September release is going to coincide with a Peter reunion and that is something Nick has not confirmed nor denied, so if you want to spend your hope allotment, spend it on that rumor. ;) I would do anything, almost literally, to see a more audiophile-like approach to these mixes but what's done is done. If you like what you've heard from the first two boxes, expect to be happy a third time, otherwise, well, what can I say. Hopefully, Peter's input a few years back was enough to make an improvement, but we'll have to wait and see!

Best,
Josh

Peter also hopes to remix his solo catalog in true surround in the future but who knows which decade that may be.
Does anybody know if the Phil Collins solo albums were actually mixed in surround to be released during the days of DVD-Audio ?

Never heard of any being prepared, though they are obvious choices.

BTW - Reading the Genesis - Chapter and Verse book I got for Christmas. Highly recommended...

Phil Collins' ( studio ) albums were definately remixed for 5.1 several years ago according to the now defunct 'dvdaudiopreview.com'.... And were set for release on DVD-A.

Back