Next Genesis box?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend just became the head of Rhino and he told me when I asked about it that it would probably be in the first quarter of 2008.....

My friend just became the head of Rhino and he told me when I asked about it that it would probably be in the first quarter of 2008.....

Cool! Ask him what happened to their DVD-A's? Why can't they just sell the ones they already did from their web site directly so we don't have to pay the huge bucks on eBay?

On the official Genesis forum Nick Davis posted recently the next box is slated for March 08.

MNSACD

Beat me to it; I was just going to post the same link. No date for the individual album releases yet.

Beat me to it; I was just going to post the same link. No date for the individual album releases yet.

Well we will be waiting a little longer.........Nick Davis just posted delay until May 2008. When in Rome, Live 3 DVD concert set is now scheduled for March release.

MNSACD

Delays I can live with. I just don't want what are my favourite Genesis albums of a so far excellent multichannel series canned as SACD slowly disappears. I mean, Musical Box and Supper's Ready in 5.1? I'm looking forward to these. I also think that the combination of SACD and DVD-V with DTS sound we have got in Europe for these releases is a far more sensible and compatible way of distributing surround music than some of the other options around.

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with Peter Gabriel getting involved as was mentioned in the last Sound and Vision magazine. Maybe the delay will be worth it. Phil.

To my knowledge, PG's input was during the 2004-05 mixing period by Nick Davis. On the website he has his own discussion area (site moved, need new link) ND had declared the mixing done some time ago. I had the impression 2006 was dedicated to finalizing the packaging to coincide with 2007 tour plans.

Fingures crossed for 5 man tour date(s) after box #3 is issued; Hackett would do it so it's up to PG I believe.

Wouldn't be the first time for a delay. I just about need to take a week off when they finally DO arrive!

We will all be waiting a bit longer.....again. Genesis Live When in Rome DVD is now set for May and the Gabriel era SACD box due September 08. This is from the official site. What can we do....

MNSACD

That's still cool; major event and makes a major surround release appear later in the grand scheme of things.

Fingers still crossed for 5 man tour or at least a one-off like Milton Keynes '82 (only better rehearsed this time)

Genesis will release their re-union DVD before SACD Vol.3.
Seems Gabriel requests more better mix for Vol.3 talked at AES Convention last year.
http://bitstream.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2007/12/more-gabriel-mo.html#more

Hajime

Thanks Hajime. Just so there's no confusion, the comment from Gabriel regarding the mix is a reference to an event from well over a year ago and has nothing to do with the current delay. Nick Davis has confirmed that the mixes have been "in the can" for quite a while.

Back