Oppo 205 remote control issue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
My 205 remote control has developed a problem the volume buttons - and + are no longer responsive and only work intermittently. Other buttons work is there something I can do to fix this or do I have to buy a new remote control?
since original OPPO remote controls are expensive is there an aftermarket one that will work?
can I use an oppo 95 remote on the 205?

Hoping there is a simple fix.

Last edited:
Opening a remote is not fun. I'd see what Oppo has to say.
Not fun, but not rocket science. Still, you're right: no harm in getting Oppo's advice first.

If it comes to that: the US site no longer sells replacement remotes, but the Australia site does:
https://www.oppodigital.com.au/products/replacement-remote-for-udp-203-udp-205-players
I and others have had good experience with Chinese knockoff replacement remotes for the 103/105. I'm guessing the 203/205 model works just fine, too:
https://www.amazon.com/HCDZ-Replacement-Control-UDP-203CN-BDT-101CI/dp/B08C2W1ZPS

My 205 remote control has developed a problem the volume buttons - and + are no longer responsive and only work intermittently. Other buttons work is there something I can do to fix this or do I have to buy a new remote control?
since original OPPO remote controls are expensive is there an aftermarket one that will work?
can I use an oppo 95 remote on the 205?

Hoping there is a simple fix.
Had the same issue with my 203 remote. Replaced it and it’s all good!

Many thanks to all the replies.
Email sent to oppo.
I have bookmarked the aftermarket remote above. Does it light up like the original? A great help in the dark
My oppo is not networked so can't use the remote app
Hopefully OPPO will have good advice.

The remote control that came with my OPPO UDP-203 is not as powerful as the one that came with my BDP-103. And neither remote is as powerful as the 'OneForAll' (URC 7145 Evolve 4) universal remote I got primarily for my LG television!

Indeed, I don't need to point the 'OneForAll' universal remote anywhere near the OPPO's direction and it switches the player on and moves through the menus way faster and more reliably than either of the original OPPO remotes. Sadly though, because 'OneForAll' universal remote lacks many of the buttons required for use with the OPPO, it's not a recommended replacement...

i got prompt responses from Oppo followed a recommendation but it did not solve the problem
They dont repair remotes and they are glued together
I went thru this once before opening up a tablet with tools to pry the glued covers apart and was able to replace a battery and ultimately salvage files off the hard drive.

But once pulled apart you really cant re glue these pieces together.

Im buying an after market replacement. I think other buttons may start going twitchy. But I can use both original remote for all functions and the aftermarket one just to adjust the volume. Adding to my pile....

I was fortunate enough to buy a Logitec Harmony universal remote while they were still being made. If you can latch on to one, it will give you access to everything your dedicated remote will, plus all the other IR, RF and wifi gear in your stack.

Thanks @barfle I will add it to my list.

In the meantime I have one of those knockoffs coming my way.

I wonder if contact cleaner could be sprayed on the volume buttons.....probably cause more problems.

I was fortunate enough to buy a Logitec Harmony universal remote while they were still being made. If you can latch on to one, it will give you access to everything your dedicated remote will, plus all the other IR, RF and wifi gear in your stack.
Agreed, mine can work my Oppo 205, Parasound Halo P7, an old Panasonic DVD player, and my telly.

Now they're OOP, can anyone suggest a similar alternative (I'd like to grab one now in case the Logitec remote goes for a Burton)?

I got a Chinese aftermarket remote off ebay and it seems to do the job
The volume power pause open and close keys seem to work not sure on all the others but if not this is good enuf.
Seems to have a better range than the original oppo remote
Since I have a partial blockage in front of the 205 I could use a remote extension dongle like I had for my 95.
Not sure if OPPO or anyone else made one

Latest posts

Back