Paul McCartney Egypt Station Vinyl

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
There is a special edition vinyl release of Paul's new album on GREEN vinyl....you might have seen Paul Sinclair mention it on his site....it was "supposed" to be an exclusive for Spotify fans who had him as a featured artist...well...there is a not so secret link to get this Green Vinyl...in the US here......and Europe here

There is a special edition vinyl release of Paul's new album on GREEN vinyl....you might have seen Paul Sinclair mention it on his site....it was "supposed" to be an exclusive for Spotify fans who had him as a featured artist...well...there is a not so secret link to get this Green Vinyl...in the US here......and Europe here

I read about this on SuperDeluxeEdition as well, and I just don't get it. Why would you throw a physical product at a segment who couldn't care less than they do about physical product? "Hey, Paul - Would like to buy a steak?" Ain't gonna happen.

The fact that anybody can buy it makes it even more confusing. I think he needs new marketing people. Or maybe his people are geniuses and I'm an idiot for spending $70 on "Imagine" instead of listening to "Egypt Station" for what amounts to free (I say "free" because I actually have no idea how much a Spotify subscription costs, but unlimited listening for $10 or $15/month is effectively free, to me).

I read about this on SuperDeluxeEdition as well, and I just don't get it. Why would you throw a physical product at a segment who couldn't care less than they do about physical product? "Hey, Paul - Would like to buy a steak?" Ain't gonna happen.

The fact that anybody can buy it makes it even more confusing. I think he needs new marketing people. Or maybe his people are geniuses and I'm an idiot for spending $70 on "Imagine" instead of listening to "Egypt Station" for what amounts to free.

I doubt Paul is actually aware of all these details about things like this...but when you try to apply logic to any of these music business decisions...well...it usually involves some head scratching...like putting vinyl in the super deluxe boxes when you have a separate vinyl edition of the release?...it's the "buffet lunch" approach...give them CDs...blu rays..vinyl...just throw the kitchen sink at them...

Back