PINK FLOYD: DSOTM Immersion Box - Post your price

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cough up 103 € at newly-opened Amazon Spain. Not too bad considering brick-and-mortar stores seems to be charging 129 - 149 € over here,

Why does this keep happening to so many surround releases?!

To see what I mean, check out this review of the Immersion box set on The Onion's A/V Club review site (while The Onion "news" is parody, the material on their A/V club is real): "The Floyd: A new box set collects the eclectic output of rock’s unlikeliest teen idols". Check out how many times the surround mixes are mentioned....you can't, because they are NEVER mentioned. :(

Holy crap, some of the best type of music and some of the best music of that genre to experience surround sound with, and no one brings it up! Arrrgh!! I even used Firefox's "find" feature, using 5.1, surround, multichannel and quad to make sure I didn't miss anything.

While I know some think multichannel music is just a gimmick or an insult to music, I honestly believe many people simply don't know it exists. If they only knew what they were missing out on......

Why does this keep happening to so many surround releases?!

While I know some think multichannel music is just a gimmick or an insult to music, I honestly believe many people simply don't know it exists. If they only knew what they were missing out on......

I said this exact same thing on some of my earlist posts here. THe lack of marketing is a major reason for the failre.

I spent $109.00 for the set, took out the bluray and sold the remainder of the set for $84.00. So I got the Blu ray for approx. $30.00..An incredible deal for a guy who could never win a bid on the SQ
Q8. Sure glad I didnt win any of those auctions!

I was considering buying a used Immersion Set locally (New Zealand) on the TradeMe site. I had reached NZ$100 + $25 shipping with time to go before closing.

Thought I would look around to see what I could ship it in for to gauge a good price and found that Amazon have it available for US$79.24, this is only NZ$99.51 plus NZ$22.58 shipping (went for the slightly faster shipping).

So apart from the fact I wont be bidding for the used copy has anyone any idea why it is such a good price? Around US$30 below what I was expecting!

Also out of interest the Amazon listing does not mention the AP quad mix being on the Blu-Ray.......... it is isn't it and that's just a mistake on Amazon's part (don't tell me they have a few -AP sets going cheap).

I decided to buy then ask questions later in case I missed out.

Also am I right in thinking that the boxes on US Amazon have the disks in sleeves? My understanding of the UK Amazon boxes is that they have unprotected disks pus the recording defect or are those issues old news and now sorted?

Also out of interest the Amazon listing does not mention the AP quad mix being on the Blu-Ray.......... it is isn't it and that's just a mistake on Amazon's part (don't tell me they have a few -AP sets going cheap).

I decided to buy then ask questions later in case I missed out.

It will have the AP mix....

BTW - I saw your $16.50 bid.....pity you couldn't get it for that!!!

I Prefer the Parsons mix, but prefer listening to Guthrie mix, because it's 5.1 SACD. I'm ALONE in liking 5.1 SACD ABORTION of Bartok's Concerto by Boulez! I prefer the Quad mix! I own SQ, Q8 & 5.1. I gulp when writing controversial comments. Go ahead and bust my chops.

Well you can have your cake and eat it.
both are on the BD and the dvd audio (DD) discs
I like the Parson's production too. I like original - meant to be, stuff.
It's not a big deal , here anyway.

Back