Possible Bowie Platinum Collection DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
From MusicTap:

"The not too long ago announcement of The Platinum Collection for David Bowie had the title pegged for a December 6 release. Erase and continue. The title will now shift to the new year with January 10 as the new date. There is good in this date shift. There will be low run distributions for DVD-Audio reissues of David Bowie Live and Stage as well as a possible DVD-Audio for The Platinum Collection. Good news? Now, let's sell out the DVD-A titles when they arrive to help bolster the format."

Dave.

Yowsa! Tomorrow's collectables today! DVD-A and SACD. :D

I'll be in for one.
Should also have the other 2 any time now......maybe.
They've only been on order since January.

Wonder what happened to the 5.1 of Young Americans? It's been mixed - and Tony Visconit is reworking the entire back catalogue for 5.1 in 24/96.
He's running a Nuendo system with a yamaha DM2000 front end, and MSP10 with SW10 for monitors.

What is the Platinum Collection? I couldn't find it listed in the All Music Guide. Is this a new box set?

neil wilkes said:
Wonder what happened to the 5.1 of Young Americans? It's been mixed - and Tony Visconit is reworking the entire back catalogue for 5.1 in 24/96.

Reworking the entire back catalog, eh? Hmmm.... I'd take a boxed set of Bowie albums if they ever wanted to do something like the recent Talking Heads set. Not sure how many albums you could get since I'm guessing Bowie has jumped labels over the years??? No matter. Heck, I'd be thrilled just to see Young Americans in 5.1 DVD-Audio.

That said, I'm still wanting on Live and/or Stage.

Count me in too. I would love to hear Station To Station and Low in beautiful 5.1 while they are it too!!

http://www.101cd.com/Music/info.asp?id=815412
That will give you the Platinum Collection details.

The info about the 5.1 remixes came from Tony Visconti's website.
Labels here are not an issue, as Bowie always leased release rights to the labels - they never owned the rights to the recordings. All they got was permission to issue the supplied recordings for a certain time. Any remixes will be owned wholly by Bowie.

If this is what it takes for the powers that be to see the DVD-A light, then I would gladly purchase more than my share and give them out as promo's:smokin

neil wilkes said:
Labels here are not an issue, as Bowie always leased release rights to the labels - they never owned the rights to the recordings. All they got was permission to issue the supplied recordings for a certain time. Any remixes will be owned wholly by Bowie.

Thanks for the info. It's good to know.

Back