Prince - Sign 'o' the Times concert film DVD/BluRay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
SDE is reporting an upcoming reissue of Prince's Sign '☮ ' the Times concert film on DVD/Blu-ray. It's being released only in Germany but claims to have a Dolby Atmos surround mix, an Auro-3D 11.1 mix and the original stereo mix. Unfortunately it's region locked to region 2 (DVD) or B for blu-ray.

I'm suspicious about the surround mixes. If this was a product that was authorized by the Prince estate, it would probably be a worldwide release. So if the Prince estate didn't have anything to do with this then I doubt the folks releasing this set had access to the multi-tracks to create a real surround mix. Too bad, this is an amazing movie and could really shine with the proper restoration work and mix.

SDE is reporting an upcoming reissue of Prince's Sign '☮ ' the Times concert film on DVD/Blu-ray. It's being released only in Germany but claims to have a Dolby Atmos surround mix, an Auro-3D 11.1 mix and the original stereo mix. Unfortunately it's region locked to region 2 (DVD) or B for blu-ray.

I'm suspicious about the surround mixes. If this was a product that was authorized by the Prince estate, it would probably be a worldwide release. So if the Prince estate didn't have anything to do with this then I doubt the folks releasing this set had access to the multi-tracks to create a real surround mix. Too bad, this is an amazing movie and could really shine with the proper restoration work and mix.
I have several of his concerts already in Blu-Ray and I’m surprised and very disappointed at how poorly they sound. No decent Prince surround exists AFAIK.

Back