David Bowie Ziggy MoPi 50th - 2CD/Blu-Ray set in August!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy arrived today from my June 1st Amazon order.
Watching now in 5.1 DTS HD Mstr.
Last night I was able to purchase the BD~V/2 RBCD set from AmazonUS for $23.99 + $3.99 s/h [brand new]. I won't have it for awhile but AmaznUS now has it for $46!!!!

How is the 5.1 remix, Markie? And supposedly the video portion was 4K REMASTERED!

Last edited:
How's it sound?
Thanks for question, I have not listened to CD's yet and last night I stopped the video at the half way point, my wife wanted to watch something else.
The video has black side bars, a little grainy but mostly good. The camera work has great shots of band and audience. The overall lighting is on the dark side.
The sonics, mids, highs, lows, are very good, great Bowie sounds, acoustic guitar sounds great, blasting lead electric guitar and keyboards sound great, the drums not bad/not great.
The surround of the 5.1 completely surprised me, definitely discrete with swirling sounds of guitars, keyboards rear left, electric sounds swinging around.
The last live box set I got was the Eric Clapton 24 Nights and was supposed to be so great and turned out to be a surround dud.
Generally, live surrounds whether 5.1 or ATMOS are on the weak side, sounds like ambient multi speaker stereo mostly and lots of times you only hear the surround peak in-between songs when the audience peaks.
This David Bowie release I had no expectations and honestly, one of the best LIVE surrounds I have heard, and this was recorded in 1973.
I am looking forward to finishing the reading and listening.

Thanks for question, I have not listened to CD's yet and last night I stopped the video at the half way point, my wife wanted to watch something else.
The video has black side bars, a little grainy but mostly good. The camera work has great shots of band and audience. The overall lighting is on the dark side.
The sonics, mids, highs, lows, are very good, great Bowie sounds, acoustic guitar sounds great, blasting lead electric guitar and keyboards sound great, the drums not bad/not great.
The surround of the 5.1 completely surprised me, definitely discrete with swirling sounds of guitars, keyboards rear left, electric sounds swinging around.
The last live box set I got was the Eric Clapton 24 Nights and was supposed to be so great and turned out to be a surround dud.
Generally, live surrounds whether 5.1 or ATMOS are on the weak side, sounds like ambient multi speaker stereo mostly and lots of times you only hear the surround peak in-between songs when the audience peaks.
This David Bowie release I had no expectations and honestly, one of the best LIVE surrounds I have heard, and this was recorded in 1973.
I am looking forward to finishing the reading and listening.
Completely agree. I received my copy yesterday too. Boy was I pleasantly surprised with the panning of guitars in the side speakers!!
In fact, I was waiting for somebody else to confirm what I was hearing as it just seemed too good to be true.
Tony Visconti has done a stellar job with the 5.1 mix.

My copy arrived today from my June 1st Amazon order.
Watching now in 5.1 DTS HD Mstr.
It's great to finally have the Jeff Beck content included. Per the booklet, the addition of Beck's contribution was greenlit by his widow, Sandra Beck (wife #6!).

Marpy, are you having any problems ripping this one? This is one of those rare blu rays that is causing problems for me with DVDAudioExtractor and DVDFab/DVDPassKey. The issue appears to be overriding copy protection in order to rip.:unsure:

looks as good as it can utilizing the best source materials!
I agree, good way of saying it.
Marpy, are you having any problems ripping this one?
I didn't start yet. I was watching the hard disc. I hope there will be no problems, if I rip it. Lots of times with the concert videos, I don't rip because it is watching/listening experience. Mainly to save space in my NAS (external hard drive).
If I do rip my success with Blu Rays is always MakeMKV and Music Media Helper, but with a concert video file, I wouldn't split the chapters anyway. Just use the root file from MKV.
I'll try and get back to you, and I'll throw it in just to see if I have any problems like you.
I am using a new Blu Ray ripper, because my older one either got old, or didn't have the whatever to rip these newer discs.
I also purchased some generic disc cleaner and giving the discs a spray and wipe before I rip. I sprayed a little on the cloth and for the heck of it I wiped the inside of the ripper and was surprised it picked up some black residue, a little, but definitely showed on the white cloth.

Unfortunately, MR E, it's not an actual 4K disc but rather 4K remastered in BD~V 1080i from the original camera elements....which should ensure it looks as good as it can utilizing the best source materials!
Thanks for the clarification Ralphie. I knew that you would have your finger on the pulse!
I agree, good way of saying it.

I didn't start yet. I was watching the hard disc. I hope there will be no problems, if I rip it. Lots of times with the concert videos, I don't rip because it is watching/listening experience. Mainly to save space in my NAS (external hard drive).
If I do rip my success with Blu Rays is always MakeMKV and Music Media Helper, but with a concert video file, I wouldn't split the chapters anyway. Just use the root file from MKV.
I'll try and get back to you, and I'll throw it in just to see if I have any problems like you.
I am using a new Blu Ray ripper, because my older one either got old, or didn't have the whatever to rip these newer discs.
I also purchased some generic disc cleaner and giving the discs a spray and wipe before I rip. I sprayed a little on the cloth and for the heck of it I wiped the inside of the ripper and was surprised it picked up some black residue, a little, but definitely showed on the white cloth.
Thanks for your input. I may be looking at getting different ripping software.

Supposedly my copy has been sitting with DHL since August 10th.

10.08.2023 04:55 UhrYour shipment is ready for delivery and has been delivered to our shipping partner DHL

When I check that shipping number :

Open status - We are expecting your shipment data soon.

Is this normal for jpc? I've only ordered from them once before.

Back