QRX-7001 Pops In Speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Cat

My QRX-7001 pops in the speakers when the Tape Monitor or Auxiliary buttons are pushed. About 9 mon. ago I cleaned all switches and pots with contact cleaner followed with Caig's Deoxit 5 - the Tape Mon. and Aux. did not respond. I checked the board for continuity with a VOM and all checked OK. So, I re-cleaned the Tape Mon. and Aux. and applied Deoxit (this is a hard area to reach). The popping went away. Recently, the popping returned. Any ideas on what to check, magic bullets, etc.? Thanks for any help.

Top Cat said:
My QRX-7001 pops in the speakers when the Tape Monitor or Auxiliary buttons are pushed. About 9 mon. ago I cleaned all switches and pots with contact cleaner followed with Caig's Deoxit 5 - the Tape Mon. and Aux. did not respond. I checked the board for continuity with a VOM and all checked OK. So, I re-cleaned the Tape Mon. and Aux. and applied Deoxit (this is a hard area to reach). The popping went away. Recently, the popping returned. Any ideas on what to check, magic bullets, etc.? Thanks for any help.

My 7001 does the same thing. I think these pops come from DC getting passed down the line. That means some electorlytic caps have dried out and need to be replaced. See the QuadBob post earlier. In the mean time, I turn down the volume and switch the speaker's off before I turn off the 7001. I start it this way.When I heard the relay click to turn on the power amps to the speakers, I switch everything to operational mode. This saves my Klipsch's from the damage that these pops can cause.

Jerry

Back