qrx-7001 pops speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just assumed that it was inherent. I've accustomed myself to just turning the volume down before turning the unit off.

I do suppose that one day I'll need an overhaul.

The Sansui QRX 7001 might have some contact problems on the volume knot. My QRX 7001 someime makes some noices while turning the volume, but this isn't as serious as the problems of the Sansui QRX 8001 of mine which always has amplification problems. With a fixed pre- amplifier output you will not have any problems. If you need help please let me know.

That pop is normally a DC biuld up in the amp. Why is there a DC voltage build up, because the caps are bad and nothing in the unit is getting the right voltages. The amp is out of balance so it builds up DC and discharges it out the lines.

jrahrah said:
I just assumed that it was inherent. I've accustomed myself to just turning the volume down before turning the unit off.

I do suppose that one day I'll need an overhaul.

You will find as time goes by and the caps get older and the voltages stray farther from factory that the popping will satrt to happen often and if the volume is high you'll crap your pants:flame

Back